Turn your Celestron 5” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope into a solar scope! The EclipSmart Eclipse Solar Filter is a must-have accessory perfect for viewing the Sun and eclipses like the upcoming 2023 Annular Solar Eclipse and 2024 Total Solar Eclipse. Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, ISO-certified Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart products comply with the latest ISO 12312-2 standards. This solar filter is custom designed for Celestron 5” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. Two hook and loop straps securely hold the filter in place for a safe, snug fit.
- NexStar 5SE
- Popular Science by Celestron StarSense Explorer 5”
- C5 Spotting Scope
- StarSense Explorer 5” Schmidt-Cassegrain – International Exclusive
- Astro Fi 5” Schmidt-Cassegrain – International Exclusive
*The Solar filter will not work with C5s manufactured before 2007.
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology—the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation—including IR and UV light—plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Important safety note: inspect your filter before every use. Do not use and discard if damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way.
- Only observe the Sun with ISO-certified eye protection, such as the filter found in this EclipSmart product. Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or a non-filtered optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never tamper with or remove the permanently placed glass filters in this optic. Doing so is dangerous and will void your warranty.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with its correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- Never remove your eye protection when looking directly at the Sun during partial phases of a solar eclipse.