Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope
The Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope is easy to set-up and includes alignment and tracking technologies that allow you to locate celestial objects and navigate the night sky with ease. Versatile enough to be used for both deep space and planetary astrophotography, this telescope is perfect for beginner astronomers!
The SkyAlign function will get the NexStar 5SE aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Once you center and align three bright objects in your eyepiece, your telescope can automatically locate, point to, and track any of the 40,000 celestial objects in its database! Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar 5SE will help you take a closer look.
The NexStar 5SE GoTo Key Features
- 5-inch Aperture- Excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects.
- GoTo Technology- Fully automated mount with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects that will automatically locate and track objects for you.
- SkyAlign Technology- Aligns your telescope so it is ready to observe in minutes! Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily set your telescope on any three bright objects in the sky.
- Unique Design- Single fork arm and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 25 mm (.98 inches).
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 50x.
- Finderscope StarPointer.
- Star Diagonal 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- Optical Tube Aluminum.
- Lowest Useful Magnification 18x.
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.11 arc seconds.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction 51 mm (2.0 inches).
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter 40%.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 16.6%.
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT.
- Optical Tube Length 330 mm (13 inches).
- Optical Tube Diameter 152 mm (6 inches).
- Optical Tube Weight 6 lb (2.7 kg).
- Dovetail CG-5 Dovetail bar.
- Mount Type Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm.
- Instrument load capacity 10 lb (4.54 kg).
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod) 939.8 mm - 2397 mm (37 inches to 55 inches).
- Tripod leg diameter 50.8 mm (2 inches) Stainless Steel.
- Mount Head Weight 7 lb (3.2 kg).
- Slew Speeds 9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second.
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar.
- GPS N/A.
- Dovetail Compatibility CG-5 dovetail.
- Autoguide port No.
- USB port Yes, Hand Control input.
- Power Requirements 8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive).
- Motor Drive DC servo motors.
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge).
- Periodic Error Correction No.
- Computerized Hand Control Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons.
- NexStar+ Database 38,181 accessible objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Software Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight 17.6 lb (8 kg).
Click the link below to download the Celestron Nexstar 5SE Manual
All-Star Polar Alignment
Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This innovative software solves the time-consuming problem of trying to pinpoint the North Celestial Pole.
This telescope control software replaces the hand control and allows the user to remotely control their Celestron computerized telescope from their personal PC or laptop.
SkyAlign alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope simple, fast, and accurate. Just point the telescope at any three bright objects — stars, bright planets, or even the Moon — and your telescope can orient itself with the night sky.
The new Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries, great for those Astronomers on the go.
Celestron’s patented StarSense Technology makes it easier than ever to locate objects in the night sky, even if you’ve never used a telescope before. Turn it on and push ‘Align.’ In about three minutes, you’re ready to observe!
WiFi technology encircles the globe in a web of connectivity, knowledge, and information. Now, Celestron is using that same technology to allow stargazers to connect to the night sky and enhance their experience of the cosmos in fun and unique ways.
|Aperture||125 mm (5")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2” to 24 tpi|
|Dawes Limit||0.93 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low cog DC servo motors|
|Encoder Resolution||.26 arc sec|
|Focal Length||1250 mm|
|Instrument Capacity||10 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||319x|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 750 mA|
|Slew Speed||5 Degrees Per Second|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Modes||EQ South|
|Tripod Weight||10 lbs|
|Tube Weight||6 lbs|
- Celestron NexStar 5-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA.
- NexStar SE Alt-Azimuth Mount with GoTo.
- Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs and Built-in Wedge.
- Accessory Tray.
- 1.25-inch, 25 mm Eyepiece.
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal.
- Quick Release Tube Clamp.
- StarPointer Finderscope (Red Dot).
- CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software.
- Hand Control: Flash Upgradeable Liquid Crystal Display with Back-lit LED.
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software.
- RS-232 For Computer Connection (on Hand Control, "Aux").
- SkyAlign Alignment Software.
- 2 Year Warranty.
Great First Telescope
Got this telescope for my son and I to use. It's perfect for what we need. Got a great deal on it from OPT and their team explained to me how to use it including set up as well. Definitely would recommend this to anyone getting into the hobby.
I have this scope. Funny thing , though. The last time I went to use it i noticed that the plastic housing around the secondary on the back of the corrector plate had slightly melted causing the inside of the corrector plate to be totally hazed over with a white coating. Now you may think there is a quite simple explanation to this, but exclude having the scope out to ever view the sun and exclude having the scope out until the sun has almost set. Go figure!
Good first telescope
I have wanted a telescope for years and finally decided on this Nexstar telescope. The go-to was pretty easy to use, the telescope is light and easy to move around and everything was able to be set up in just a few minutes. The view through the telescope was very nice and I also use it to look at boats and other daytime targets. I am happy with the telescope.