- 5-inch NexStar SE Computerized Telescope
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount
- Hand Controller, Diagonal, and Eyepiece Included!
- Built-In Wedge!
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the NexStar SE telescope series combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior coatings, Celestron's revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software, and much more. With the Celestron NexStar 5SE, you are in the driver's seat. Simply choose an object from the menu and the telescope will find it for you. Using Celestron's patented NexStar technology, the SE scopes have the ability to locate nearly 40,000 objects. All you have to do is look through the eyepiece and enjoy the view!
Don't know what object to choose? Let the intelligent NexStar SE give you a guided tour of the night sky! The "Tour" feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location...anywhere in the world. Not only can your Celestron NexStar 5SE find objects, it can teach you about them as well. Information on the most popular objects can be viewed on the LCD screen of your hand control. Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Celestron Nexstar 5SE Telescope Tour
The days of complicated telescope assembly and setup are over. NexStar SE telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required. Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time, and location into the hand control, then point the telescope at any three bright celestial objects and the telescope does the rest. You do not need to know the names of the stars...you can even pick the Moon or a bright planet!
Celestron NextStar 5SE Telescope Features
- Computerized hand control with a database of nearly 40,000 objects and a motorized altazimuth mount and quick release optical tube for easy, no-tool set-up.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright objects, for a fast and easy alignment process and StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Flash upgradeable hand control; update your telescope's operating software via the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- All NexStar SE models are GPS-compatible and come standard with an auxiliary port for use with additional accessories.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and includes NexRemote telescope control software for advanced control of your telescope via your computer.
- "THE SKY" Planetarium software - with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps, and enhanced images.
- Computerized Hand Control: Double line 16 character, liquid crystal display, 19 LED backlit buttons, and a database of 40,000 Objects, 400 User-defined programmable objects, and enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Variable nine rate slewing speeds, RS-232, Auxillary and Camera Control Ports, as well as Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar tracking rates.
OPT Product Number: CE-11036
- Celestron NexStar 5-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- NexStar SE Alt-Azimuth Mount with GoTo
- Tripod with Adjustable Steel Legs and Built-in Wedge
- Accessory Tray
- 1.25-inch, 25mm Eyepiece
- 1.25-inch Star Diagonal
- Quick Release Tube Clamp
- StarPointer Finderscope (Red Dot)
- CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software
- Hand Control: Flash Upgradeable Liquid Crystal Display with Backlit LED
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- RS-232 For Computer Connection (on Hand Control, "Aux")
- SkyAlign Alignment Software
- 2 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does the RS-232 includes also have the USB adapter? Neither laptop I have has one of those COM ports. Thanks.
Celstron does not include a USB to RS-232 adapter with the telescope, but they do distribute a compatible adapter for that purpose. You can read more about it here: https://www.optcorp.com/celestron-usb-to-rs232-converter.html