Software Bisque Paramount MyT Equatorial Mount
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Software Bisque Paramount MyT Equatorial MountSoftware Bisque Paramount MyT Equatorial Mount weighs in at 34-pounds, and can easily carry 50-pounds in equipment while maintaining the accuracy and tracking precision to be expected from a Software Bisque mount. It boasts 7 arcseconds or less peak-to-peak periodic error - before PEC (Periodic Error Correction) has been applied by the onboard computer.
Bisque Paramount MyT EQ Mount Features
- Weighs a very portable 34-pounds for the mount head.
- Impressive 50-pounds weight capacity, not including counterweights. With counterweights, the total load capacity increases to 100-pounds (CW weight included in total).
- Fast, accurate, and stable, the MyT includes 11 cm (4.3-inches) right ascension and declination bearings, 6-degrees per second maximum slew speeds, and high-torque precision brushless DC servo motors.
- All aluminum precision machined body with signature red anodized finish.
- MKS 5000 motor control system.
- Research-grade brass RA gears with 7 arcseconds or less peak-to-peak periodic error - before PEC (Periodic Error Correction) has been applied by the onboard computer.
- Plenty of room for additional accessories and simple but effective cable management.
- Includes an integrated guider port, two USB ports, a 5V 1A max power supply port, one 12V 1A max power supply port, pulse focuser port, and a generic through the mount power supply cabling port.
- It also includes an integrated wedge for a latitude range of 0 to 64-degrees.
- Additional polar axis adjustment extends the effective range by plus or minus 7-degrees.
The mount cable management helps keep your set up organized and tangle-free.
A rotating mount base allows for AZ adjustments to be made without affecting the mount's altitude.
Red lights provide a soft glow under the mount to allow for ease of adjustment at any moment. This light can be turned off as well as your viewing or imaging session gets underway.
A clutch-free worm block design maintains the mount's physical orientation to increase mount pointing and tracking accuracy while a mechanical switch on each axis will disengage the worm from the gear while still balancing the payload.
TheSkyX Professional Edition is a full-featured planetarium style software that offers a beautiful interface for mount control. Camera Add On software allows for the camera, focuser, filter wheel, and SBIG adaptive optics control. TPoint software with SuperModel and ProTrack provides professional-level telescope pointing correction. All software included are multi-license allowing for installation on up to 6 machines and can be installed on either Mac or Windows operating systems.
|Instrument Capacity||50 lb|
|Latitude Range||64 Degrees|
|Mount Head Weight||34lb|
- Software Bisque Paramount MyT Robotic Mount.
- MYT Counterweight Shaft.
- 20-pound Counterweight.
- Counterweight Safety knob.
- Hand paddle.
- USB to USB min cable.
- hex key set.
- pier lock knobs.
- QuickStart guide.
- Paramount User Guide.
- USB thumb Drive (loaded with the SkyX Pro for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi for easy download).
- Power Supply and Power Cable.
My experience was very good. I will return as a customer in the future because I know they keep their promises to the consumer. I encourage everyone to do business with this company. I know I will do so going forward. We need to reward the owners for their honesty and service.
You'll never need another mount again.
Having used Software Bisque products for 3 decades, I had high expectations for the Paramount MYT and it has met everyone of those expectations without question. Easily adaptable to a wide range of piers and tripods due to its small footprint. Don't let the size of this mount fool you. With the exception of load, the MYT is just as precise and capable as its counterparts. After initial setup on a tripod carrying a 10 inch RC and SBIG STF-8300 CCD, I performed an automated pointing run (TheSkyX Pro) mapping 44 stars with super-model and used the precise polar alignment wizard. This got me slightly less than 6 arc-second pointing and up to roughly 4 minute unguided exposures. Ultimately, this mount will be part of a remote observing project and I have no doubts that my students and I will get years of excellent performance from it. As a side note...it's also the first piece of high-end astronomical equipment that I've purchased where it didn't rain the night it arrived.
My overall experience using this item is very positive. I look forward to using the mount after learning the included, amazing software suite. A big shoutout to Shawna for top notch customer service!