Introducing the Paramount MX+: A 50 lbs mount capable of carrying 100 lbs of weight on it's mighty shoulders, enabling awesome systems to be mounted atop it. It is 16-inches long, and the identical width to the Paramount ME counterweight shaft so the same counterweights can be used - and two Paramount ME/MX counterweights are included with the Paramount MX+.
There is a 2 port USB 2.0 hub on the instrument panel, a completely re-designed control system featuring GPS and USB 2.0 telescope to computer interface, calibrated polar alignment adjustments, space to add additional cabling through the mount, 90 lb. total instrument capacity, unibody mount design weighs 50 lbs., maximum 7 arc seconds peak to peak periodic error before PEC, all electronics and wiring are inside the mount, includes versatile instrument mounting plate compatible with any equipment, includes power supply and cabling, belt driven gears result in zero backlash, 30 arc second or better all sky pointing through T Point and the clutchless design maintains you T point assisted position.
You'll love the fact that the Software Bisque Paramount MX+ doesn't recognize international lines. In the unlikely event that you should have a problem with the MX+, simply post your concerns with "Customer Support". Whether you live in Australia or Arizona, you're covered just the same!
Software Bisque Paramount MX+ Equatorial Mount Features
- Upgraded servo motors. The Paramount MX+ now employs the same long life, high-torque, brushless servo motors that are used by the Paramount ME II.
- Higher payload capacity. The Paramount MX+ can carry up to 100 lb (45 kg) of equipment, or 200 lb (90 kb) equipment plus counterweights.
- Optional higher maximum slew rates of up to 10 degrees per second. An optional, higher wattage power supply is sold separately.
- To accommodate the larger motors, the original Paramount MX Three Position Switch has been replaced with a Two Position Switch that places an axis in balance and track mode. There is also a separate rotating knob that allows each axis to be locked during transport.
- Easier to maintain:
- Worm and gear 'cam stop' adjustments can be made without removing the worm block covers.
- All servo motors have the same motor initialization value, so that axes-specific 'angle' values are no longer necessary.
- German equatorial mount equipment capacity (not including the counterweights): 100 lbs. (45 kg)
- Weight of the mount: 50 lbs. (23 kg)
Maximum seven (7) arcsecond peak to peak periodic error before PEC. Less than one (1) arcsecond peak to peak periodic error after PEC.
- Completely redesigned control system (called the MKS 5000)
- Employs virtually all of the features of the Paramount ME control system (final power requirements are currently not available).
- USB 2.0 PC to mount communication interface
- upgraded control system electronics
- smaller physical footprint
- redesigned hand paddle (that is backward compatible with the Paramount ME joystick)
- 2 built-in USB 2.0 ports at the Instrument Panel
- Simply three way "switch" on both RA and Dec axes engages the worm during normal operation, disengage the worm from the gear when balancing the payload, or lock gear in place for during transit.
- GEM design allows the right ascension axis to tracks past the meridian for up to 2 hours (time).
- All internal harnesses (cables) and motors are encapsulated inside the body of the mount, just like the Paramount ME.
- Optional through the mount cabling.
- Polar alignment adjustments that are virtually identical to the Paramount ME.
- Paramount ME-like homing, tracking and pointing performance.
- Includes Versa-Plate and power supply.
- 8-inch right ascension and declination gears.
- 6-inch contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination.
- Precision brass worms and aluminum gears that have extremely low periodic error.
- Periodic error correction curve fitting included with TheSkyX Professional Edition (required).
Software Bisque Product Number: SB10214