- PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY! LIMITED QUANTITIES.
- First shipment arrives June 2018
- Weight Capacity: 300lbs
- Slew Speed Range: 15 degrees per second to 50 degrees per second
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC at 15 AMPS
- Perfect mount for a CDK 17 or 20, or any similar size heavy duty telescope
Planewave L-600 Direct Drive Mount
The Planewave L-600 Direct Drive Mount is a massive fork arm mount designed specifically for using the some of the biggest planewave optical tubes. With a payload over 300 lbs., this mount will easily hold any 24-inch or smaller optical tube. You can even set up the L-600 to hold two 17-inch telescopes in tandem!
The L-600, like the L-500, uses dual-axis direct drive motors that have been designed and manufactured entirely by PlaneWave. Both motors have On-Axis encoders that have 18 million counts at .072 arc seconds per tick. This ensures that the mount will have sub-arcsecond tracking accuracy over a five minute period and will have a pointing accuracy less than 10 arcseconds with a pointing precision of 2 arcseconds. With this mount, you will be able to take long exposures unguided with very long focal length telescope.
The required power to operate the L500 direct drive mount is 120 VAC at 15 AMPS, and all of the cabling is internal. You can run cables through the mount, and in doing so avoid much of the hassle that used to be inherent to high level motorized and electronic mounts.
- L600 Direct Drive Mount Body
- Dual Axis Motors
- On Axis Encoders
- Fully Internal Cabling
- PlaneWave Interface 4 (PWI4) Control Software with integrated PointXP mount modeling software
- Azimuth and Altitude Encoders
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.