Meade LX85 8" ACF f/10 SCT Telescope
Ideal for deep-sky objects, the 8” LX85 ACF telescope delivers the highest level of optical performance, giving a flatter coma-free field of view with pinpoint images. This telescope’s optics coupled with its portable German Equatorial Mount delivers top-notch performance for beginner astronomers and experienced astrophotographers alike!
The LX85’s vixen-style dovetail receiver is capable of supporting up to 33 lbs. of observing equipment, including an array of different optical tubes, while the sturdy build and low-cog servo motors ensure smooth tracking performance. In addition to handling slight load imbalances, this stable mount’s built-in integer gearing motor drive allows you to track through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).
With the touch of a button, you will gain access to over 30,000 celestial objects and over four hours of educational content with the included AudioStar hand controller and AudioStar’s Astronomer Inside.
- Advanced Coma-Free Optics
- Primary Mirror Lock- eliminates focus and mirror shift during long exposures
- Oversized Primary Mirror- the primary mirror is larger in diameter than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies, and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Vixen-style Dovetail Receiver- capable of supporting up to 33lbs of observing equipment and ensures smooth tracking performance.
- Built-in Integer Gearing Motor Drive- handles slight load imbalances with ease. Allows tracking through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated Autoguider Port- readily connect your autoguider camera for an easy and straightforward astro-imaging experience.
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Smart Drive, or permanent periodic error correction, permits a professional level of drive-trate precision. The significant value of the Smart Drive is immediately appreciated during long-exposure astrophotography, where the resultant lower periodic error of the system enables improved tracking while minimizing guide corrections"
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||203 mm (8")|
|Camera/Eyepiece Connection||2" Nosepiece|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Drive Type||Low Cog 12v DC Servo Motors|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||33 lbs|
|Light Gathering Power||841x|
|Mount Head Weight||10.8lbs|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Power Consumption||12v 5a|
|Slew Speed||Slew Speed|
|Telescope Connection||Vixen Style|
|Total Weight||34.1 lbs|
|Tripod Weight||12.4 lbs|
|Tube Weight||11.5 lbs|