Meade LX85 6" ACF f/10 SCT Telescope
Ideal for deep-sky objects, the 6” LX85 ACF telescope delivers the highest level of optical performance, giving a flatter coma-free field of view with pinpoint images. This telescope’s optics coupled with its portable German Equatorial Mount delivers top-notch performance for beginner astronomers and experienced astrophotographers alike!
The LX85’s vixen-style dovetail receiver is capable of supporting up to 33 lbs. of observing equipment, including an array of different optical tubes, while the sturdy build and low-cog servo motors ensure smooth tracking performance. In addition to handling slight load imbalances, this stable mount’s built-in integer gearing motor drive allows you to track through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).
With the touch of a button, you will gain access to over 30,000 celestial objects and over four hours of educational content with the included AudioStar hand controller and AudioStar’s Astronomer Inside.
- Advanced Coma-Free Optics
- Primary Mirror Lock- eliminates focus and mirror shift during long exposures
- Oversized Primary Mirror- the primary mirror is larger in diameter than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies, and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Vixen-style Dovetail Receiver- capable of supporting up to 33lbs of observing equipment and ensures smooth tracking performance.
- Built-in Integer Gearing Motor Drive- handles slight load imbalances with ease. Allows tracking through long exposures using the Smart Drive feature to record permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated Autoguider Port- readily connect your autoguider camera for an easy and straightforward astro-imaging experience.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.