Understanding Camera Specs!!
Do you want to learn what every little spec is about for your DSLR, Mirrorless, or Astro camera and why they matter? Join us as Mack Murdoc from OPT breaks down each spec and simplifies it for you! This video will help you find the perfect gear by showing you all the details of what goes into buying a camera.
Subscribe to OPT Telescopesfor more astrophotography guides!
Timestamps for Understanding Camera Specs
- 00:55 - Sensor Size
- 02:45 - Pixel Size
- 04:05 - Pixel Array
- 05:21 - Color vs. Mono
- 06:13 - Cooled vs. Uncooled
- 06:35 - Bit Depth
- 08:23 - Full-Well Depth
- 09:17 - Back-Illuminated Sensors
- 09:40 - Quantum Efficiency
- 10:33 - Frame Rate
- 11:52 - USB 3.0
Free Tools to Find Your Field of View with Your Camera and Telescope
- Sky at Night Magazine -Astronomy field of view calculator
- Astronomy Tools - Field of view calculator
Let’s get social!