The Ultimate Celestron StarSense Explorer Telescope Guide
How to Use the Celestron StarSense Explorer Telescope
Follow these seven easy steps to get started!
- Dock your smartphone onto the smartphone holder.
- Launch the Celestron StarSense Explorer App.
- Follow the simple steps to generate a list of all the best objects to view in your location.
- Select an object from the list.
- Follow the on-screen arrows to the desired object as you move your telescope. The StarSense Explorer Telescope recalibrates its position in real-time!
- When the bull's eye turns green, your object is ready to view in the eyepiece.
- Observe and learn about the object your viewing with descriptions and audio included!
You can use the StarSense Explorer anywhere! It requires no cell signal after you download the app.
The Difference Between StarSense Explorer 114AZ and the 130AZ
StarSense Explorer Smartphone Compatibility
Celestron provided a list of all the smartphones compatible with the StarSense Explorer, which include the Google Pixel 4, Samsung Galaxy A30, and Motorola Moto G7. Almost all Android devices that were manufactured in 2016 and later are compatible. iPhones 6 and newer are compatible. For a full list of compatibility, check out the visual below.
Using the Celestron StarSense Explorer App
The StarSense Explorer app calculates your position in real-time and guides you with a list of currently visible objects. Browse detailed information on celestial objects and audio descriptions for popular celestial objects while you observe.
Available for iOS and Android. Download the app before you head out to remote locations. You can use the Celestron StarSense Explorer without a signal! But you will need it to download the app first.
What’s included with the Celestron StarSense Explorer
The Celestron StarSense Explorer makes an excellent telescope kit for beginners! All you need to provide is your smartphone, and you're ready to start your journey into the night sky. Find the full list of items that are included below.
- 114 mm Newtonian reflector optical tube.
- StarSense dock for your smartphone.
- Low powered (25 mm) and high powered (10 mm) eyepiece.
- 2x Barlow lens to double the power of each eyepiece.
- StarPointer red dot finderscope, perfect for using the telescope during the day or without the StarSense Explorer app.
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod.
- Full-height tripod with an accessory tray to keep you organized.
What You Can See with the Celestron StarSense Explorer
The Celestron StarSense Explorer is engineered to be able to locate Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, the Orion Nebula, double stars and other popular celestial objects.
Depending on your location, the Celestron StarSense Explorer app will give you a list of the best objects to see. Even though this smartphone telescope is advanced enough to provide observation in light-polluted areas, taking it to darker skies sites will provide even more objects to observe with more detail. Check out the Celestron StarSense Explorer 130AZ or 114AZ to start your journey into the night sky.