ZWO ASI178MC CMOS Telescope Camera
ZWO ASI178MC CMOS Telescope Camera
This ZWO ASI178MC astronomy camera includes the back-illuminated 6.4 M resolution Sony IMX178 image sensor. This one and one-eighth inch CMOS sensor has a 3096 x 2080 pixel array and a 2.4-micrometer square pixel size. With a 14-bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2 e, and superior sensitivity the ZWO ASI178MC is an excellent camera for both astronomy and microscopy.
ZWO ASI178MC Specifications at a Glance
Experience the Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor
- The Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor offers high sensitivity, resolution and dynamic range.
- The IMX185 is an "Exmor R" sensor with notably improved imaging features, including sensitivity and low read noise, by correcting the basic structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- The IMX178 is a Sony STARVIS sensor and has a sensitivity of 2000mV+ per 1-micron square (when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1-second accumulation correspondent), and provides superior image quality in the visible and near IR light regions.
- The 14-bit output helps achieve high dynamic range which lessened quantization noise and hidden dark random noise. This facilitates clear image quality in light and dark areas, even with high contrast imaging targets.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI178MC Color Astronomy Camera Full Specifications:
- Sensor Size: 7.4 mm x 5 mm.
- Diagonal: 8.92 mm.
- ROI: Supported.
- ST4 guider port: Yes.
- Focus distance to sensor: 12.5 mm.
- Shutter Type: Rolling shutter.
- Window: IR-Cut.
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0.
- Adapter: 2 inches to 1.25 inches (M42x0.75).
- Weight: 4.23 ounces (without lens).
- Working temperature: Minus 5 degrees Celsius to minus 45 degrees Celsius.
- Working relative humidity: 20% to 80%.
- Storage relative humidity: 20% to 95%.
|Camera Connection||M42 x 0.75|
|Camera Series||ZWO ASI|
|Color or Mono||Color|
|Delta T||40°C Below Ambient|
|Dimensions||62mm x 36mm|
|Dynamic Range||13.5 Stops|
|Front or Back Illumination||Back|
|Full Rez Frame Rate||60fps|
|Max Frame Rate||479.7fps|
|Maximum Exposure Time||1000 seconds|
|Mega Pixels||6.4 mp|
|Minimum Exposure Time||0.000032 seconds|
|Operating System Compatibility||Linux (3rd Party) & Mac & Windows|
|Pixel Array||3096 x 2080|
|Pixel Size||2.4 microns|
|Power Consumption||12V 2A max|
- ZWO ASI178MC Camera Body.
- 2 m long ST4 guider cable.
- 1.25-inch Cover.
- M42/ 1.25-inch T-Mount.
- 2 m long USB3.0 cable.
- Driver and Extra Software CD (Mac, PC, and Linux Compatible).
I didn't like the ZWO Camera and I had a poor customer service with Optcorp.
Zwo 178 color camera
It's a very good camera, low priced, arrived two days before the original date to my country. The best of the camera is you don't need to align different frames of colors in a planet with low surface details, just align the frames in a video and you're ready. I have other zwo camera with filters and it's more difficult to composite a picture
Great beginner camera with pro results
Great experience with this camera. It’s plug and play and easy to use. Images come out clean and high quality
Love The Camera!
Camera has not been used in the field due to bad weather but expect to see it perform well. Set up software install with no problem into my laptop and the camera performed well on my tabletop. Item was well packaged. Thank you for your prompt shipping. -- Jerry E. Bayles
First Light ASI-178MC Review
I've been doing planetary imaging for years, bought the ASI-178MC to try lucky imaging of some deep space objects. I'm pleasantly surprised by this camera, lower noise and higher sensitivity than I expected. I was able to able to get some great detail by stacking a bunch of 5-second exposures.
The product has not reached the customer
I did not receive the product and I did not confirm when it would arrive. At the time of purchase, they should inform the client of the anticipated date of arrival.