ZWO ASI 224MC Cooled Color CMOS Telescope Camera Discontinued
ZWO ASI 224MC Cooled Color CMOS Telescope Camera DiscontinuedZWO's ASI series cameras are known for their excellent craftsmanship and state-of-the-art CMOS sensors. Now ZWO is outfitting these cameras with a robust cooler that allows cooling down to 35 to 40-degrees C below ambient temperature providing smooth images bereft of noise, making them superb deep sky cameras.
The ZWO Cooled ASI224MC Camera houses a high-resolution 6mm diameter CMOS imaging sensor. Images are produced with minimal noise and high sensitivity simultaneously through the new Sony Starvis and Exmor R technology it sports. This camera is best suited to be used with fast high-resolution optics such as those found on APO refractors or with Fastar systems. Therefore high resolution images are achievable despite short focal lengths.
An additional feature of the ASI224MC-C camera is its increased sensZWOitivity to infrared light. When paired with a sufficient optical instrument, you'll be able to take breathtaking infrared images.
The "single shot" color camera is more convenient relative to Monochrome cameras. Many imagers do not have the patience to work through the tedious LRGB method to attain stunning colored nebula images. Color cameras offer the chance to get these magnificent images without having to change filters. Nevertheless, a good nebula filter to decrease stray light and enhance contrast without the requirement of being changed or excessively coloring the image is recommended
- Universal functionality from deep sky imaging via lunar and planetary imaging to autoguider capabilities.
- USB 3.0 provides fast download times
- Robust yet practical cooling system achieves temperatures down to 35 to 40-degrees C below ambient
- Sensitive 1/3-inch Sony IMX224 CMOS color sensor with 1.2 megapixels
- T2 connection thread to camera sensor distance: 17.5 mm
ZWO ASI224MC Cooled Color Astronomy Camera Specifications...
- Sensor: 1/3-inch CMOS IMX224
- Resolution: 1.2 Mega Pixels
- Pixel Array: 1304 x 976
- Pixel Size: 3.75 micrometers x 3.75 micrometers
- Sensor Size: 4.8 mm x 3.6 mm
- Diagonal Size: 6.09 mm
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.000032 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5 mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 12-bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2-inch/ 1.25 inch/ M42 x 0.75
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Weight: 14.5-ounces
- Back Focus Distance: 17.5 mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: Neg.35-degrees C to Neg.40-degrees C below ambient
- Cooler Power Supply Required: 12V at 2A maximum
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.