- Design: Plossl
- Focal Length: 40mm
- Apparent FOV: 52 Degrees
- Eye Relief: 6mm
- Size: 1.25 Inch Barrel
TPO 40mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
The four element Plossl design is perhaps the most popular telescope eyepiece design on today's market and an all-around performer. The TPO Plossl provides excellent image quality, good eye relief and an apparent field of view of about 52 degrees. This well manufactured Plossl will deliver high contrast and pinpoint sharpness out to the edge of the field of view.
These Plossl eyepieces are a great value for the amateur astronomer. We get them directly from the manufacturer to save you money. Each 4-element eyepiece is fully multi-coated for maximum contrast and has blackened lens edges to minimize internal reflections and the barrels are threaded to accept 1.25 inch filters.
- The TPO 4mm Plossl Eyepiece is a great extended field eyepiece for longer focal length, good for large nebula and open clusters. For shorter focal length, they are fantastic for large objects such as the Orion nebula, views of the full lunar disc, large open clusters and more. This multi-purpose magnification range also makes for good "locator" eyepieces in all focal lengths. They are also well suited to shorter focal length telescopes for extended views and large, starry fields.
- The "Third Planet Optics 40mm Plossl Eyepiece" is a great value for the amateur astronomer!
- Fully multicoated and includes a rubber eyeguard.
- The "TPO 40mm Plossl Eyepiece" has a 52 degree Apparent Field of View and 31mm of Eye Relief.
- This is a 1.25 inch Barrel Size.
TPO Product Number: P4
|Dust Caps Included||Yes|
|Eye Guard Included||Yes|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV||52 Degrees|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||40mm|
|Optical Coatings||Blackened Lens Edges|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi Coated|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
Waiting With Anticipation!
Mother nature hasn't been kind since I purchased this eyepiece. it's either been too cold or too cloudy. Will give my opinion after I'm able to use it.
Good eye relief and wide field of view.
great 40mm 1.25" eyepiece
I was looking for a 1.25" eyepiece that would give me a wider FOV than what I currently get with my orion 6" starblast. all 40mm eyepieces I've experienced in the past were lucky to have about 43 or 45 mm AFOV, so I took a chance with this TPO with 52AFOV. I tried it out on the Pleiades and it was pretty sharp enclosing the entire cluster. it appeared to have a wider FOV than my TV 24 wide field, thopugh the overall star images in the 24 were a little sharper. But this TPO 40 does what I had hoped. Will probably get a couple more TPOs.
40 mm eyepiece
Have only used it once, but it is exactly what I needed.