Teleskop-Service Thin Off-Axis Guider - 9 mm
TS-Optics Off-Axis Guider TSOAG9 - length only 9 mm
This TS Off-Axis Guider is the shortest off-axis guider we know. Nevertheless, the guider offers all functions for successful use.
- Extremely short length - only 9 mm to the 2-inch extension or 11.4 mm to the M48 connection thread on the telescope side.
- Large free opening of over 45 mm, therefore also suitable for full-format sensors.
- Flexible use - May use available adapters to attach to your correctors, reducers, coma correctors, filterwheels, and....
- Camera side connections: T2, M48, M42x1 and EOS available as an option.
- Easy to focus the autoguider by moving the T2 connector.
- The position of the prism can be freely adjusted to achieve the best possible illumination without shading and to adapt the guide star ideally to the field correction of the telescope.
- Three positions are available for the prism and the side view, which increases the field of the search for stars by three times.
Am ultra-short off-axis guider for astrophotography:
The short-building TSOAG9 off-axis guider is a development of telescope service. It can be used on almost any telescope and replaces the guide tube. The tracking becomes more accurate and the mount less loaded. The TSOAG9 is the shortest off-axis guider in its class, it is particularly well suited for adaptations where space is limited. Nevertheless, the TSOAG9 offers convincing features.
The advantages and features:
- Short construction ... from the M48 thread to the camera-side connection is only 11.4 mm.
Best illumination ... the free inner diameter is 45.5 mm - in addition, the prism can be freely adjusted to prevent shading by the prism.
Easy focusing of the autoguider ... the lateral T2 approach can also be adjusted, thus manages the problem-free focusing of the autoguider without changing the distance main camera to the corrector.
Three possible camera positions to the prism ... Due to the special design of the connection adapters on T2, EOS or M48, three positions of the prism to the camera sensor are possible. This also prevents shading by the prism.
- Flexible adaptation on the camera side ... In the accessory area, you will find the necessary connection adapters on T2, M42, M48 and EOS.
The adapters do not extend the length of the off-axis guider.
The TS-TSOAG9G2 fits directly to the M48 connection thread of the corrector (picture). The combination offers coma correction and tracking in the smallest space. From the camera connection adapter of the off-axis guider to the sensor they still have 46.6 mm - enough space even for a DSLR camera.
The adapters taper conically, ensuring an optimal position. At the same time you can remove the camera without having to unscrew it.
- TS-TSOAG9-T2 ... for all other connections via the M42x0,75 / T2 thread
TS-TSOAG9-M42 ... the M42x1 connection is mainly used for a short-term adaptation of DSLR cameras.
TS-TSOAG9-M48 ... for all other connections via the M48x0.75 / 2-inches filter thread
- TS-TSOAG9-EOS ... allows the direct connection of the Canon EOS DSLR cameras.
TS-TSOAG9G2 - Mounting on cameras with flash housing: The knurled screws collide with the flash housing. If you still want to use the off-axis guider on a DSLR with the flash housing above, we recommend short-length M4 screws or grub screws. Alternatively we recommend the TS-TSOAG9-EOS adapter for Canon EOS cameras.
Telescope side connection: 2-inch extension and M48x0.75 female thread - length 2.5 mm
Length from the camera adapter to 2-inch approach: 9 mm - shortest overall length
Length from the camera adapter to the M48x0.75 thread on the telescope side: 11.4 mm - the length of the M48 internal thread is 2.5 mm
Camera side connection: Quick coupling with three screws - diameter 51 mm - suitable for connection adapter
Lateral connection for autoguider: T2 (M42x0,75) - distance to the prism adjustable
Free opening: D = 45.6 mm
Distance middle prism to side T2 connection: 26 mm to 38 mm adjustable
Distance from the middle of the prism to the front of the TSOAG9: 6.7 mm
Distance center prism to the camera side of the TSOAG9: 4.5 mm