The 10mm Ethos eyepiece (fits both 1.25" and 2" barrels) from Tele Vue Optics delivers a 100-degree apparent field (50 percent larger in area than 82-degree Naglers), comfortable eye-relief, (accepts DIOPTRX eyesight astigmatism correctors), distortion correction, high contrast, and on-axis sharpness for planetary viewing. It is the do-it-all eyepiece perfect for all scopes that can utilize this focal length. And, filling the gap between the 13 mm and 8 mm makes it the ideal centerpiece for a 17 mm/ 10 mm/ 6 mm Ethos set.
An important benefit of the combination of large apparent field of view and shorter focal length is that for a given field in the sky, higher magnification results in a darker sky background. Fainter stars become visible and more detail is seen on all deep sky objects. Ethos provides another big magnification/contrast jump, yielding dramatic views simply not previously possible in any telescope. With the smaller exit pupil, eyesight limitations are also reduced.
In addition to matching all the key performance criteria of its 13 mm sibling, its lighter weight and smaller diameter makes the 10 mm more suitable for use with a binocular viewer.
Tele Vue 10 mm Ethos Eyepiece Details
The Tele Vue 10 mm Ethos eyepiece delivers...
- 100-degree apparent field (50 percent larger in area than 8-degree Naglers)
- Comfortable eye-relief (accepts DIOPTRX eyesight astigmatism correctors)
- Distortion correction
- High contrast and on-axis sharpness for planetary viewing
The Televue 10 mm Ethos is the 'do-it-all' eyepiece; perfect for all scopes that can utilize this focal length. And, "filling the hole" between the 13mm and 8 mm makes it the ideal centerpiece for a 1 7mm/ 10 mm/ 6 mm Ethos set.
TeleVue 10 mm Ethos Specifications...
- Apparent field: 100-degree
- Focal length: 10 mm
- Effective field stop diameter: 17.7 mm
- Eye relief: 15 mm (accepts DIOPTRX eyesight astigmatism corrector)
- Barrel size: 1.25" with a 2" barrel adapter
- Black barrel diameter: 61 mm
- Weight: 1.10 lb (17.7 oz)
OPT Product Number: TE-ETH-10.0