StellarMate X is a compact and powerful Astrophotography Controller that supports numerous Mounts, Cameras, and other astronomical equipment. Powered by Open Source technologies and designed and built by Astrophotographer for Astrophotographers.
It provides unparalleled freedom in selecting your favorite platform to remotely control your equipment. You can use Ekos astrophotography tool on Windows, MacOS, or Linux. Furthermore, use StellarMate App on iOS and Android to automate your complete astrophotography workflow.
StellarMate X is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, Camera, DSLR, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate X via USB or WiFi
- Connect to StellarMate X from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Start controlling your observatory and image from any major platform
StellarMate X is quiet with no moving parts. It is four times faster than its predecessor StellarMate Plus and comes with double the storage and memory capacity enabling fast and seamless control for the most demanding and high-resolution astro cameras. It features a special VESA mount to secure it to standard dovetails and clamps.
The feature rich companion StellarMate App provides many functionalities:
- Highly accurate Polar Alignment for both GOTO and non-GOTO mounts. Achieve the perfect polar alignment!
- Framing Assistant to automatically center and rotate your field of view to match your desired orientation. What you see in the App is what you get in your camera.
- Live stacking to get spectacular images. See the fine details pop out as you receive more frames and increase the signal-to-noise ratio.
- Get pin-point stars with tried-and-tested focusing algorithms suited to both fast and slow focal ratios.
- Explore a tailored list of targets suited for your current time and location. One-click goto to center the target in your camera with sub-arcsecond accuracy.
- Gallery viewer with rich metadata support. Find and sort your images or export to your mobile device and computer.
- Get up-to-date weather and sky quality data including 3-hour cloud coverage.
- Control your dome, dust cap, flat-field light sources, and many more auxiliary equipment with our extensive equipment support.
StellarMate X leverages a passive cooling technology, and has a good thermal dissipation to prevent overheating. No fan no noise, reaching a totally silent, dust free performance:
- CPU: Intel Gemini Lake Celeron J4125 Quad-Core
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 600
- Operating System: StellarMate OS
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 128GB eMMC Built-in
- Expandability: Micro USB up to 2TB, M.2 SSD/NVMe 2280 up to 4TB
- 4x USB 3.0 Ports
- 2x HDMI 2.0 port, support 4K@60Hz
- 1x 3.5mm Audio jack
- 1x Gigabit LAN Port
- 1x Kensington Lock Slot
- 1x USB Type-C (Only for power supply)
Connect the included mount adapter (2) by securing it to the back of StellarMate X (1) with two M3 screws. The adapter provides threads that may be used to connect to external rings or dovetails using the included 4x M6 screws.
It is recommended to use Ikarus Universal Vixen/Losmandy Clamp (3) (sold separately) to attach StellarMate X to your Vixen/Losmandy dovetail (4).
Depending on your mount, you may need to purchase an additional cable to connect mount to StellarMate X. Mounts that are connected over WiFi or USB usually do not require special cables.
||Sky-Watcher EQ6, Syntax, Orion Altas
||iOptron (Gotonova controller)
||Meade (Autostar #497 controller)
||Meade (Autostar II controller)
||Celestron (Hand controller)
||Sky-Watcher EQ3, EQ5, EQ6 Pro, EQ8