Starlight Xpress Slimline OAG Off Axis Guider
Starlight Xpress Slimline Off Axis Guider
- Remove the three Panhead Pozi M2.5 x 5 screws from the front threaded adaptor on your filter wheel.
- Remove the threaded adaptor from the front of the filter wheel.
- Place the Filter Wheel Off-Axis Guider assembly on the front of the filter wheel in place of the threaded adapter you have just removed.
- Line up the 6 counter-bored fixing holes with the 6 holes on the front plate of your filter wheel.
- Drop the M2.5 x 5mm Cheese-Head screws in each of these 6 counter-bored fixing holes and screw them into place.
- Place the threaded adapter on to the OAG and fix it in place with the 3 M2.5 x 5 panhead screws which you originally removed.
Setting Up the Autoguider...
- Fit your camera to the rear of the filter wheel and then fit the filter wheel to the rear of your telescope.
- Using the main imaging camera, take a series of images and adjust the focus of your telescope until the image is in focus.
- Screw the Lodestar or SXV-Autoguider to the threaded section of the top of the OAG and start to take images with the autoguider.
- Move the autoguider up and down the shaft until you achieve focus.
- Once you have achieved focus, lock the set screws.
- Your autoguider and main imaging camera are now par-focal and the system is ready to use.
Starlight Xpress Product Number: SLFW-OAG