Starlight Inst. Feather Touch Micro Focuser for Takahashi FS102
This TRF (Takahashi Retro Fit) Micro Pinion Assembly can be used on the Takahashi FS102 refractors. This installation improves the performance of the telescopes' fine optics by allowing precision-focusing. The TRF 102 utilizes an aesthetically pleasing machined Pinion Assembly that can be retrofitted to the Takahashi FS102 to bring together form and function. Just imagine the rigidity of having an entire pinion assembly mated to these beautiful telescopes at a truly affordable price.
These units use the existing Takahashi pinion with the Starlight Instruments Inc. 10:1 fine focus mechanism. This mechanism has been improved and perfected to allow greater precision, reliability and toughness. All materials are the best available and no short cuts are ever taken. The installation is easy and will allow you to now achieve the same level of performance with these telescopes as many Feather Touch?? focuser owners have experienced on theirs. These units utilize anodized aluminum for corrosion protection and are beautifully designed and laser engraved. All high load parts are made from hardened stainless steel for long life, reliability and toughness.
- Ultra-smooth coarse/fine focus knobs (10:1 Ratio)
- Composite anodized aluminum fine focus knob for superior inertial feel
- Redesigned Hardened Stainless Steel reduction assembly for improved reliability and toughness
- Anodized aluminum fine focus knob
- Clear anodized aluminum Pinion Housing beautifully designed, machined and laser engraved
- Ultra-Low backlash system for accurate control
- Large coarse anodized aluminum focus knobs with machined knurled diameter for superior feel and gripping action
- Easy to install and adjustable for reliable and optimum performance
*Customer Note - The MPA-Tak2.7 fits the New Takahashi TSA-120, too! Just do an additional step to remove the existing MEF-3 focus knob. It is held to the shaft via two small allen set screws and two screws that attach it to a metal tab.
|Focuser Or Mask Size||2" Drawtube|
|Focusing Aid Type||Focuser|