The 8-Inch Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan is precision engineered telescope that will allow you to easily find and enjoy night sky treasures like Saturn, Jupiter, and other planets in the solar system, plug a huge array of deep-sky objects including galaxies, star clusters, nebulae, and more. With its patented collapsible tube design, the Sky-Watcher 8-Inch Collapsible GoTo Dobsonian is truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design of the Sky-Watcher S11800 Dobsonian was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Sky-Watcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards and allowing the telescope to stay where you put it for as long as you like.
The Sky-Watcher SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher 8-Inch SynScan Dobsonian combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the high-tech features of a computerized Go-To telescope.
Sky-Watcher 8-Inch GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope Specifications
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 25 mm
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 10 mm
- Finderscope 8 x 50 RA Viewfinder
- Highest Useful Magnification 406x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.2
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1 mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 200x, 400x, 600x, 800x, 1000x
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogs, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc minutes