- Optical Design: Maksutov-Newtonian
- Aperture: 190 mm (7.4")
- Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.3
Sky-Watcher 190mm Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope OTA
The Sky-Watcher 190 mm Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope is a large aperture instrument with impressive performance, but it is still relatively portable. This scope could be just what you need if you want a wider field of view than is possible with a Maksutov-Cassegrain or a classic refractor. This telescope has a focal ratio of f/5.3 and thus will provide a wider field than a conventional Maksutov. The Mak-Newtonian design, with its fully multi-coated Pyrex mirrors, provides large aperture apochromatic performance with exceptional field correction in a compact, affordable package. Compared to a similarly sized Schmidt-Newtonian, the Mak-Newtonian yields a sharper image with more contrast.
The 190 mm or 7.4" aperture of the Sky-Watcher Maksutov-Newtonian offers you great light gathering capability. Extra aperture translates to brighter and sharper images for you. The OTA is supported by two hinged metal tube rings attached to a black V-style dovetail plate. With its 2" dual-speed 10:1 Crayford focuser, and 8x50 optical finderscope, you are ready to begin on your journey of discovery. Just mount the OTA to your favorite telescope mount via the cradle rings and Vixen-style dovetail. The exciting Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope from Sky-Watcher is just what astrophotographers and serious visual observers have been looking for.
- Finderscope: 9x50 right angle correct image finderscope
- Focuser: 2" dual-speed 10:1 Crayford focuser
- Highest Useful Magnification: 380x
- Optical Coatings: Fully multi-coated Pyrex mirrors
- Includes a black V-style dovetail plate and 2 hinged metal tube rings
- Sky-Watcher 190 mm Maksutov Newtonian Telescope
- 2" Dual Speed 10:1 Crayford Focuser
- 9x50 right angle correct image optical finder scope
- Black Vixen-style dovetail plate
- 2 hinged metal tube rings
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
What does this weigh? Sky-Watcher 190mm Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope OTA
According to the manufacturer, the Sky-Watcher 190mm Makustov-Newtonian OTA weighs 29lbs.