- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 356 mm (12")
- Focal Length: 1650 mm
- Focal Ratio f/4.6
Sky-Watcher 14" GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
The 14" Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan is a large aperture precision engineered telescope that will allow you to easily find and enjoy night sky treasures like Saturn, Jupiter, and other planets in the solar system, plus a huge array of deep-sky objects including galaxies, star clusters, nebulae, and more. The collapsible tube design turns what would be a fairly unwieldly telescope into a portable one! The Dobsonian mount can usually ride in the backseat of most vehicles, but it is the length of the tube assembly that can cause trouble. With the collapsible trusses on board, however, you have the ability to shorten the OTA by half without requiring that you remove the trusses! It's almost magic!
The elegant truss tube design of the Sky-Watcher S11830 Dobsonian was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards and allowing the telescope to stay where you put it for as long as you like.
The Sky-Watcher SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher 14" SynScan Dobsonian combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the high-tech features of a computerized Go-To telescope. You'll be amazed at what you can see with the 14" SynScan Collapsible Dobsonian!
Sky-Watcher 14" GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope Specifications
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 25 mm
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 10 mm
- Finderscope 8x50 RA Viewfinder
- Highest Useful Magnification 500x
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
- 14" f/4.6 GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
- SynScan GoTo Hand Control & Cables
- 8 x 50 RA Finderscope & Bracket
- 2" Crayford Focuser
- 1.25" Adapter
- 10mm Plossl Eyepiece (1.25")
- 25mm Plossl Eyepiece (1.25")
- Dust Cover
- Eyepiece Tray
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.