SBIG STF-8050M Monochrome Astronomy Camera with FW5-8300 Filter Wheel
This startlingly high quality SBIG made CCD is a splendid astronomy camera, and boasts highly impressive specifications. It's Monochrome sensor ensures top quality contrast and precision in the images it captures, and it also boasts very low read noise levels, at only 9e-. Meanwhile the Electric Shutter ensures fast exposure times- ranging from a mere 0.001 second, to a full 3600 seconds! And of course, the resolution is impeccable- at 8.1 megapixels with 5.5 micron sized pixels, it's capable of capturing images in stunning detail. The Frame Rate and Sensitivity are of course on par with the rest of this camera's stellar features, but that's to be expected.
Furthermore, it comes packaged with the FW5-8300 Filter Wheel- a splendid quality wheel that is sized to hold five 36mm filters. The thin design of this filter wheel means that it only adds 20mm of backfocus. It's footprint is a relatively small 5.7", and all in all it's a slender little attachment that adds a lot- after all, using the filter wheel with the camera opens up a wide range of options- ranging from using LGRB filter sets to produce full color images of a higher quality than any taken by an actual color camera, to producing H-alpha focused images to precisely pick out certain phenomena- and more, limited only by what filters of the right size you have available!
Lastly, the cooling system of the STF-8050 is a top quality piece of work as well. A heat sink that works in unison with an inbuilt fan, this system achieves a cooling delta greater than -50C!
SBIG STF-8050M Monochrome Astronomy Camera with FW5-8300 Filter Wheel: Features and Specifications
- Large, High Resolution 8.1 Megapixel CCD with 5.5 micron pixels
- Fast, Dual Channel Read Out
- Full Frame, High Res, Low Noise, 16-bit download in 0.5 seconds.
- Electronic shutter for fast exposure times (0.001 sec to 3600 sec.)
- STX/STXL style pin-fin heat sink and 70mm fan
- Exceptional cooling delta greater than -50C with air only
- Sapphire Chamber Window
- Very Low Read noise ~ 9e-
- Very Low Dark Current ~ 0.01e- at -20C
- Antiblooming Protection
- Accepts Nikon and Canon EOS lens adapters
- Filter Wheel accepts 36mm size drop filters