Pentax XF 6.5-19.5mm 1.25" 60° Eyepiece
The 6.5 mm to 19.5 mm XF Pentax Series 1.25-Inch Zoom Eyepiece features a focal-length range of 6.5 mm to 19.5 mm, with an apparent 42 to 60 degree field-of-view and an eye relief of 11 to 15 mm. It also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observers eyeglasses.
Compatible with the following: PF-65 and PF-65 ED II series spotting scopes, PF-80 series spotting scopes, PF-100 series spotting scopes.
Pentax 6.5 mm to 19.5 mm XF Series 1.25-Inch Zoom Eyepiece Features:
- Designed for use with Pentax PF 65 Series Spotting Scopes, provides 20x to 60x magnification when used with them. May also be used on other PENTAX PF Series spotting scopes (except PF-63 Spotting Scope)
- 42 to 60 degree apparent field-of-view
- Rubber eyepiece ring designed for viewing comfort
- Pentax SMC full-surface multi-layer coated optics reduce glare while providing maximum light transmission and color quality
- High-refraction, low dispersion lanthanum glass to provide high resolution images with minimal aberrations
- Advanced computer simulation design technology to reduce internal reflections, producing brighter, clearer images.
- Weatherproof construction for greater durability.
Pentax Product Number: XFZOOM
|Eyepiece Barrel Size||1.25"|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||6.5—19.5mm|
|Field of View||60 Degrees|
I'm using this eye piece with a Lunt 100mm solar scope, and I like it, it's a good combination. It was expensive but I would definitely buy it again. I have heard all the "bad" points about zoom eye pieces and a fixed Fl eye piece will likely be better But I am very pleased with its performance and of course the convenience of not having to change eye pieces.
First Zoom Thumbs Up
I bought this zoom for a friend based on some favorable reviews and it has surpassed by expectations. It is a light, compact piece of equipment. The adjustable eyecup is easy to use and comfortable. The zoom adjustment is not stiff but smooth to operate. Optically it is excellent. The center of the field is quite sharp and contrasty. It works well with a 2x barlow also. Recommended.
Very sharp eyepice
I Agree that is an excellent eyepice for planets, mnoon and globular clusters, it is as sharp and has also neutral color as a orthoscopic eyepice, no ghost images, but only extremely sharp at the very center. I think the best zoon.
This is a high contrast no ghost medium to high mag zoom. As compared to common 8-24's no ghosting, focus holds over large change in mag. Very sharp in center shows low contrast detail well excellent for planets, globular clusters and close doubles.The rest of the field is useful for finding and centering your subject.