Harmonic Gear Drive on Both Axis
Nyx, the ancient Greek goddess of the night, enlightened us to design and produce a high-performing, high payload mount that can easily carry imaging equipment up to 20Kg without needing a counterweight or shaft.
Strain wave drive on RA and DEC movement ensures a backlash-free operation with high torque at high payloads. A fully CNC machined aluminum alloy 6061 body, black and blue anodized, and a selection of branded parts (stepper motors, strain wave gear) inside the mount, ensure that Nyx-101 will perform flawlessly for many years. Mount includes an electronic brake on the RA axis to prevent backsliding when power is off as well as safety limit stops during slew or tracking.
High Precision Strain Wave Gears
Harmonic Gears on Both Axis ensure high payload and a smooth, backlash-free operation. A hybrid combination of a stepper motor and belt system along with sophisticated electronics can drive RA axis down to 0.10 acsecs of resolution. Reduction on RA axis is 500:1 and 300:1 on DEC axis.
Supporting High Imaging Loads
Counterweights are not required for weights up to 20Kg. Counterweights can be installed for higher photographic loads – compatibility with M12 shaft.
Lightweight Design, compared to the payload of weight the mount can lift. CNC machined aluminum alloy AL6061 used for aircraft makes the mount an excellent choice for your setup. Mount weights 6.4 Kg. From a small refractor to a fully loaded SCT 11-inch telescope, NYX-101 can easily handle the payload.
Equatorial or Altazimuth Mode
Mount can be used as a German Equatorial mount or as an ALT/AZ, more suitable for visual observations. The mode can be switched from our PC or Mobile Application.
Built-in Wireless & USB Control
NYX-101 support wireless and USB 2 connectivity out of the box. Both technologies can work simultaneously. Mount is compatible with LX200 protocol and Sky Safari for mobile interaction
Power Off Brake
A safety power-off brake is Installed on the RA Axis and provides an instant safe stop during a planned or unplanned power interruption.
DC 12 Volts Battery Operation
- NYX-101 requires 12V only for its smooth operation. This means that you can use your normal 12V battery without any additional converters. Mount consumes less than 0.6Amp during tracking and up to 2.5 Amps during slewing.
Secure power and USB
- The power cable is a GX12 type with can securely lock onto the mount. USB type B special socket ensures a secure grip. Both of these sockets are placed on the non-movable part of the mount. No cables moving during slews and tracking. A second GX12 socket allows you to provide power to your imaging equipment.
- NYX-101 integrates a barometric sensor required to calculate atmospheric, refraction corrections during mount tracking. For smaller focal lengths this is might be overkill but if you have an SCT you will notice a welcome change in your guiding performance.
Universal Saddle Plate
- NYX-101 includes a low profile and rigid universal Saddle that accepts Vixen and Losmandy 3-ich dovetails.
Integrated ST-4 Autoguiding Port
- An ST-4 port is available at the back of the mount. Port is compatible with a simple hand controller or with an ST-4 guiding camera.
- In the front of the mount, there is a place for the QHY Polemaster (adapter included), which allows you to perform a precise polar alignment, required for your imaging sessions.
Electronic assistant for initial polar alignment
- A set of sensors allows you to orient the mount at the correct altitude and azimuth in order to have an initial, rough, polar alignment (for lower focal lengths such as camera lenses or visual observations ). Our mobile application guides you through that process.
Reverse Voltage Polarity Protection
- NYX-101 has been designed with reverse voltage polarity protection. A saver if you accidentally reverse voltage or battery polarity during the night.
Optional Counterweight support
- Mount does not require counterweights for payload up to 20Kg. However, if you would like to install counterweights for higher payloads there is a compatible M12 threaded shaft hole at the end of the DEC axis.
ASCOM, INDI, Sky Safari Support
- The mount fully supports ASCOM6 and INDI framework. Sky-Safari is also supported allowing you to control the mount through your mobile device.
- LX200 protocol is fully compatible with NYX-101. Sky-Safari works out of the box with the mount.
- A mobile application for IOS and Android platforms allows you to control both axis of the mount, slew to installed catalogs of thousands of night sky targets and do a rough polar alignment through an electronic polar assistant.
Safety limits on RA axis
- Safety limit encoders on RA Axis prevent internal cable snag or collision with the tripod.
- An easy firmware upgrade process allows you to stay up to date with bug fixes and the latest features of the mount.