An Ultimate Powerbox v2 and Pocket Powerbox Advance expansion accessory!
The external motor controller (XMC) was designed to expand the focus capabilities of the “Ultimate Powerbox v2” (supports a 2nd focus controller) and adds focus functionality to the “Pocket Powerbox Advance“. The device does not require a USB cable and can be attached directly to the EXT port of the Powerboxes. It can drive a large bipolar or unipolar stepper motor (up to 2Amps per coil) with high precision.
Controller support micro-stepping which can be configured via software to Full, Half, 1/4 step and 1/8 step. This provides additional precision and a smooth rotation from the stepper motor.
- Pegasus Motor Focus (v1 & v2) with Straight RJ45 network cable
- Starlight HSM 25 / 30 / 35 with PEG-CMOT-HSM cable
- Starlight MSM 25 / 30 / 35 with PEG-CMOT-MSM cable
- Starizona Micro-Touch with PEG-CMOT-MSM cable
- Rigel nStep Motors with PEG-CMOT-MSM cable
- Moonlite Stepper Motor with PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9 cable
- Robofocus Stepper Motor with PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9 cable
- Lakeside Stepper Motor with PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9 cable
- Lacerta Motor with PEG-CMOT-LCRT cable
NO USB PORT REQUIRED
You do not have to occupy a USB port as the controller does not require a USB connectivity. Just plug the RJ12 port into the EXT port and the controller will be recognized from the power-box software. Simple as that!
SECOND EXT PORT
A second EXT port allows you to daisy chain future equipment or connect your environmental sensor.
Fully protected against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature events.
(1x) External Motor Controller
(1x) RJ12 to RJ12 – EXT cable (60 cm)
(1x) 2.1 mm to 2.1 mm DC cable (1 m)
(1x) RJ45 to RJ45 Motor cable (1 m)
Supply Voltage: 12V DC Preferred. Accepts 8.2-V to 24V – depends of the motor
Drive Current: 2 Amps per motor coil
Motor Compatibility: Unipolar and Bipolar Stepper Motors
Motor Output: RJ45 Socket
Connectivity: RJ12 Socket (Straight RJ12 to RJ12 cable) up to meters
Power Input Connector: 2.1 mm Center Positive Socket
Dimensions: 66 mm (2.6-inches) x 66 mm (2.6-inches ) x 28 mm (1.1-inches).