Orion Soft Padded Case for 6"/8" Equatorial Scopes
Orion Padded Telescope Case for 6"/8" Equatorial Telescopes
Orion has expanded and upgraded their line of rugged, soft cases for telescopes. Each is fully padded on all sides to provide maximum protection of your telescope and equipment. The Orion padded telescope cases provide a convenient means for transporting and storing your favorite telescope. It will not only be easy to carry, but will stay cleaner and last longer. You'll keep it free of dings and scrapes.
The Orion soft telescope case is made of heavy, water-resistant polyester/nylon material with padding sewn into the inner lining. A full-length zipper allows easy access. Handle straps fit nicely in the hand and most are long enough to sling over a shoulder, too. Cases for Schmidt-Cassegrains include a large accessory pouch on the outside.
Orion soft padded telescope cases are comfortable to carry, forgiving of bumps and bruises, and more space-efficient than boxy hard cases. Padded scope cases are a smart buy for any budget-conscious telescope owner.
Orion Padded Telescope Case for 6"/8" Equatorial Telescopes Features
- Soft padded case protects your telescope and makes transport and storage easy
- Fits optical tube of the Orion SkyView Pro 8 EQ, Sirius 8 EQ-G, Atlas 8 EQ-G, SkyQuest XT6 Classic Dobsonian, and XT6i IntelliScope Dobsonian telescopes
- Case made of heavy, water-resistant polyester/nylon material with padding sewn into the inner case lining
- Full-length zipper allows easy access for quick deployment and repacking of equipment in the field. Handle straps can easily be slung over your shoulder for convenient transport
- Internal case dimensions: 44" L x 11.5" W x 13.5" H
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will a TPO 10" rc tube assembly fit this bag?
John, The soft case for the 6/8 reflector will not fit the TPO 10" RC. For that you would something like the OR-15170, which is made to fit a 10" dobsonian. Thanks. Steve
Is this a fit for Skywatcher 8" collapsible dobsonian tube?
Due to the extra diameter offered by the truss-assembly, the OR-15170 would offer a better fit. Either case is going to be longer than needed, with the telescope in its fully collapsed position.
Is this a good fit for the Skywatcher SKP2001 8" OTA? Is there a specific pocket for the focuser to fit in inside the bag?
This bag will fit the skp2001 8". There is no specific pocket for the focuser.
Will this bag fit a GSO 8" f/4 Newtonian?
Yes the GSO 8" F/4 telescope will fit in the Orion Soft Padded case for 6"/8" telescopes.