If you've ever polar aligned an equatorial mount, you know what a literal pain it can be. Getting down on your knees in the wet grass or the rocky ground while straining your neck to look up through the mount's polar scope is a large hassle for most astronomers. And just when you think you're perfectly aligned, you have to get back down and make minute adjustments to your mount's altitude and azimuth axes while bending like an acrobat. Can there be an easier way to do this?!
That is where the Orion Right-Angle 1x-2x Viewer for Polar Scopes comes into play! It easily slides over your mount's polar axis scope and provides a much more comfortable 90-degree viewing angle. It can also swivel from left to right for even an better viewing experience. The built-in amici prism gives you the same image orientation as the polar scope. You can even double the magnification of the polar scope's field of view and reticle pattern by sliding the power switch from 1x to 2x so you can better discern fine details.
The Right-Angle Viewer for Polar Scopes fits polar scopes of 25 mm to 30 mm diameter. It is equipped with a machined aluminum adapter with 3 thumbscrews, providing a super secure and centered attachment to your mount's polar scope. Some other features include a focusing ring and soft rubber eyecup to center your eye and block ambient light.
- Orion AstroView Equatorial Mount
- Orion Sirius EQ-G Computerized GoTo Mount
- Orion Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Mount
- Orion Sirius Pro AZ/EQ-G Computerized GoTo Mount
- Orion Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G Computerized GoTo Mount
- Orion Atlas II EQ-G Computerized GoTo Mount
- StarShoot Compact Astro Tracker
- Orion Polar Alignment Scope for SkyView Pro/Atlas Mounts