Orion IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator
Orion IntelliScope Controller for SkyQuest XT Telescopes
The Object Locator's database includes a lifetime of celestial objects to view: 837 stars (including double and variable stars), 7,840 NGC objects, 5,386 IC objects, 101 Messier objects, 8 major planets, and 99 user-entered objects. It features illuminated buttons and a backlit, two-line liquid crystal display (LCD). The intuitive menu buttons allow selection of objects by type (e.g., Planet, Nebula, Cluster, Galaxy) or catalog number (e.g., M57, NGC 253). Press the Tour button to select one of 12 tours of the best objects visible in any given month. Or use the ID button to find out what object you're viewing, if you're not sure. The LCD screen provides information about the objects you see, including object type, common name (if any), magnitude, constellation, and a brief visual description.
Whether you are an entry-level or expert astronomer, the Computerized Object Locator makes observing the night sky with your IntelliScope Dob easier and more fun. It will enable you to view many more celestial curiosities in an evening and in a lifetime than you ever could before. And it's faster, quieter, easier, more reliable, and eats fewer batteries than those motorized pointing systems on other brands of computerized scopes.
The IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator requires one 9-volt battery, which is included. Comes with coil cord, altitude encoder, an adhesive-backed hook-and-loop fastener for mounting Object Locator on the telescope, and illustrated instructions for use.
Orion IntelliScope Controller for SkyQuest XT Telescopes Features
- Plug into any SkyQuest XTi IntelliScope for computerized "push-to" pointing access to celestial objects
- Computerized database easily locates over 14,000 galaxies, nebulas, star clusters, and more with pushbutton ease
- Two-line, backlit LCD screen provides easy arrow-based directions to train your IntelliScope telescope right on the selected celestial object for magnified study
- The intelliscope controller features an illuminated keypad with adjustable brightness for easy use in dark conditions
- User-friendly IntelliScope controller menu buttons for object types, Tour, ID mode, and more!
Orion Product Number: 7880
Customer Note: The IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator is not compatible with other encoder systems or other telescopes. Previous SkyQuest versions and SkyQuest XT Classic Dobsonians cannot be retrofitted for IntelliScope compatibility.
|Accessory Type||Hand Controller|
|Warranty||Orion Limited Warranty|
This legendary device is a terrific tool, esp. for the beginning astronomer, and reviews of its virtues are all over the web. Buying it from OPT is one of the best deals out there, as you not only get the free shipping, but also the OPT Rewards discount.