We can’t think of a better way to capture beautiful wide field images of the night sky than with the EON 70mm ED Quadruplet Astrograph Refractor Telescope. With a focal length of 350mm at f/5, thousands of stars will appear in your frame in just a matter of minutes. Together with high contrast, excellent color correction, and a flat field view, your photographs will look stunning.
The 70mm EON Quad features a four-element optical system, to produce a flat field of view without the need for extra field flattener lenses. Simply attach your camera and focus. The edges are flat and already corrected! Two lenses are made from Hoya FCD-100 ED (extra-low dispersion) glass for incredible color correction and sharpness. The 3" rack-and-pinion focuser features a 10:1 reduction gear for precise operation.
Your camera can thread directly onto the focuser instead of using a 2" nosepiece. This fully locks the camera in position for a stable and flex-free operation. The 360° rotatable focuser will allow for precise composition of your photographs. Standard adapter rings come with the 70mm EON, with interfaces including female 54mm, male 48mm t-thread and male 42mm t-thread.
The tube is only 12.75" long with the dew shield fully retracted. Dual rings hold the telescope solidly in place. The bottom bar attaches to any Vixen compatible mount, and the top rail also includes threaded holes for more accessories.
Pair this flat-field refractor with a DSLR or other larger format CMOS camera and begin taking “wall-worthy” photographs of the night skies.
- Best for imaging: Deep sky
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 70mm
- Focal length: 350mm
- Focal ratio: f/5.0
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Optics type: 4-element optical system
- Glass material: Extra low dispersion FCD-100
- Resolving power: 1.66arc*sec
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Focuser: 3" dual-speed Rack-and-pinion
- Mount type: Optical Tube without Mount
- Backfocus distance: 69.2mm
- Tube material: Aluminum
- Length of optical tube: 12.8 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 6.6 lbs.
- Other features: Flat field images up to full format sized sensors, 43mm image circle, Includes Hoya FCD-100 ED glass