The LaserMate Deluxe II Laser Collimator by Orion: With the LaserMate Deluxe II Laser Collimator, you will get dead-on alignment (a.k.a., collimation) of your reflector telescope's primary and secondary mirrors quickly and consistently. Its "rear-view" port has a bulls-eye target that lets you adjust your telescope's primary mirror while conveniently standing at the rear of the telescope, where the primary mirror adjustment screws are located. You just adjust the collimation knobs until the laser beam's red dot hits the bulls-eye, and then you are done and your telescope's optics are aligned!
This second-generation LaserMate Deluxe features an improved, all-aluminum housing with a wider, 3 mm barrel flange to ensure that the collimator seats squarely in the telescope's eyepiece holder - exactly parallel to the focuser's mechanical axis. This optimized housing design, combined with the highly accurate factory-set alignment of the laser within the housing, results in consistent pinpoint collimation with every use! Your properly collimated reflector telescope will serve up the sharpest, clearest views possible, night after night. The LaserMate Deluxe II is ideal for use with any Newtonian reflector telescope, including Dobsonian reflectors and Newtonian astrographs. It works especially well on telescopes with focal ratios of f/5 or lower, where accurate collimation is even more crucial.
While many reflector telescopes are center-marked at the factory with a collimation target label, we include extra center-mark collimation targets with the Orion LaserMate Deluxe II (in case you have an unmarked mirror). The Orion LaserMate Deluxe is compatible with any 1.25-inch telescope focuser or 2-inch focuser fitted with a 1.25-inch adapter. Measuring just 4 inches long, it fits easily in your favorite accessory case.
Includes one 3V CR2032 lithium battery.
Orion LaserMate Deluxe Collimator Features
- Want the best views possible from your reflector telescope? Perfectly align your reflector optics with laser precision!
- Convenient "rear view" port lets you easily collimate optics from the rear of the reflector telescope
- Second-generation model features an improved aluminum housing with a wider, 3 mm barrel flange to ensure proper seating for consistently pinpoint collimation with every use
- Operates on one CR2032 battery (included) and comes with a full set of instructions with a step-by-step procedure on how to properly align a reflecting telescope
- Fits any 1.25-inch telescope eyepiece holder and includes extra center mark collimation target labels for any reflector primary mirror not center-marked at the factory
OPT Product Number: OR-05691