Orion 20mm Illuminated Centering Eyepiece - 1.25"
Orion 20mm Illuminated Centering Eyepiece
You'll never be left in the dark with the Orion 20mm Illuminated Centering Eyepiece (ICE). Whether you're acquiring and centering stars for GoTo system alignment, lining up guide stars and/or target objects for astro-imaging, or just testing the accuracy of your tracking system, the ICE will quickly become one of your most trusted and useful imaging tools.
In comparison to most standard low-focal length illuminated reticle eyepieces, the Orion ICE offers a relatively long 20mm focal length and a wide 70-degree apparent field-of-view, making it easier to locate desirable targets for alignment or guiding. This virtually eliminates the need for swapping out high-power illuminated reticles with lower power eyepieces in order to center objects.
The Illuminated Centering Eyepiece is fully multi-coated (all air-to-glass surfaces) with anti-reflection coatings for bright, crisp views. It features a great 16mm eye relief and the barrel is threaded for Orion 1.25" filters. The illuminator switch doubles as a "dimmer" allowing you to adjust cross-hair brightness to the desired level.
The illuminator is powered by two LR-44 batteries (included) and weighs in at 8 oz. One-year limited warranty.
Orion 20mm Illuminated Centering Eyepiece Features
- Relatively low-power 20mm 1.25" telescope eyepiece with an illuminated crosshair reticle with myriad uses is a welcome addition to any astronomer's accessory case
- The perfect telescope eyepiece for alignment of computerized GoTo systems or IntelliScope systems with a comfortable 16mm eye relief
- An invaluable aid to centering guide stars and astrophotography target objects - you'll wish you had one long ago!
- Illuminated crosshair precisely centered in eyepiece field of view for accurate results
- Wide 70-degree apparent field of view makes acquiring and centering target objects a breeze
Orion Product Number: 8239
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
How do you focus the cross hairs on the 20mm illuminated centering eyepiece?
It is not really evident in the product images, but the upper portion of the optical assembly rotates on a helical-thread, allowing the reticle of the Orion 20mm centering eyepiece to be focused independent of the telescope's image.
how do you change the battery for the eyepiece?
Bill, There is a seam in the middle of the illuminator. That is where the two parts of the illuminator unscrew and where the batteries are placed.. If you need any more information, please give me a call, Steve, at OPT at 800-483-6287 and I can help yo
Does the optical tube (8SE) fit in the case along with the head?
Yes, this case carries the single arm fork with the 8SE optical tube attached. The tripod will need to be transported separately.