The 0.8x Focal Reducer for Refractor Telescopes by Orion: Some of the most picturesque celestial objects are too large to fit in the field of view of an imaging refractor and camera. What's more, most objects in deep space are very faint and therefore challenging to image without taking very long exposures, increasing the potential for error. Our new Orion 0.8x Focal Reducer for Refractors addresses these obstacles by increasing your refractor telescope's field of view while reducing the effective focal length by a factor of 0.8x, thereby providing a shorter, more optically fast focal ratio to increase astrophotography efficiency. Using the 0.8x focal reducer not only enables your refractor telescope to acquire a larger field of view, but also makes it capable of capturing bright, vividly detailed astrophotos in considerably less time. The Orion 0.8x Imaging Focal Reducer's fully multi-coated, 38 mm clear aperture optics are housed in a sleek, all-machined, anodized aluminum body. Internal glare-threads provide maximum image contrast and brightness. It is designed for use with any refractor telescope equipped with a 2-inch focuser, and requires 55 mm of backfocus. Use with a DSLR and appropriate T-ring combination will not require use of any spacers. For use with a CCD astrophotography camera with less backfocus, we highly recommend using the Orion T-thread Spacer Ring Kit (sold separately) to achieve proper distance. You can further enhance your astrophotos by using 2-inch imaging filters with the Orion 0.8x Imaging Focal Reducer since it is conveniently threaded for use with 2-inch filters. Unit weighs 6.2 oz.
Orion 0.8x Focal Reducer for Refractor Telescopes Features:
- Reduces an astrophotography refractor's effective focal length by a factor of 0.8x, providing a shorter, more optically fast focal ratio
- Designed for use with any refractor telescope equipped with a 2-inch focuser
- Enables a refractor to both acquire a larger field of view and to capture bright, detailed astrophotos in considerable less time
- Features fully multi-coated, 38 mm clear aperture optics housed in a sleek, machined and anodized aluminum body
- Requires 55 mm of backfocus
OPT Product Number: OR-08894