Orion 13" Dovetail Plate for Orion Mounts
13" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate
13" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plates provide a platform for coupling telescope optical tubes to AstroView, SkyView Pro, Sirius, and Atlas equatorial mounts.
Tube rings (sold separately) bolt on to the dovetail plate, which then fits into the dovetail slot on the equatorial head. Dovetail plates are made of extruded, anodized aluminum. Length 13". Note: One 13" dovetail plate comes standard with the Atlas mounts.
13" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate Features
- Provides a platform for coupling telescope optical tubes to Orion AstroView, SkyView Pro, Sirius, and Atlas equatorial (EQ) telescope mounts
- Attach telescope tube rings (sold separately) to the dovetail mounting plate for easy, no-tools attachment of the telescope to an Orion EQ mount
- Thirteen inch long plate is especially useful for longer focal length reflector and refractor telescopes
- Made of extruded, anodized aluminum
- Includes four optical axis offset adjustment screws
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hi, This part is compatible with Celestron Advanced Computerized Mount VX?
Yes, this dovetail will work with the Advanced VX mount as well as the older CG5 and Omni/CG4 mounts.
Hi, is this dovetail compatible with celestron nexstar 6se (ota and mount)?
Garrett, The Orion Dovetail will fit into the SE mount but it's a little long for the 6" OTA(13" versus 10") so you would have to drill holes in the dovetail to fit into the OTA.