Orion 8" Dovetail Mounting Plate for Orion Mounts
8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate
Tube rings (sold separately) bolt on to the dovetail plate, which then fits into the dovetail slot on the equatorial head. Dovetail plates are made of extruded, anodized aluminum. Length 8". Note: One 8" dovetail plate comes standard with the SkyView Pro and Sirius mounts.
8" Orion Dovetail Mounting Plate Features
- Rigid dovetail plate provides a platform for coupling telescope optical tubes to Orion AstroView, SkyView Pro, Sirius, and Atlas equatorial mounts
- 8" long dovetail plate made of extruded, anodized aluminum
- Attach one to all your telescopes for easy, no-tools swapping of instruments on your Orion mount and tripod
- Includes four optical axis offset adjustment screws for precision mounting
- Also compatible with Orion VersaGo, Versago II, SkyView AZ, and TeleTrack altazimuth mounts
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
3 questions actually. 1) center on center, what is the spacing of the 2 holes along the center of the bar? 2) What is their thread? (1/4" 20 standard camera?) 3) What is the diameter of the 2 holes at the ends? Thanks!
There are 4 holes along the center of the bar. The widest spaced are 90mm center to center, the middle two are 30mm center to center, and the two on the other end are 60mm center to center. This allows ring spacings from 30mm to 180mm depending on the s
Hello, I need a dovetail to attach rings to. Im trying to use Orion's 80mm Short-tube, Orion's 90mm Ring set, and attach everything as a guidescope to my Skywatcher 8" newtonian. I supose its the same size and ring distance (8,2") as Orion's or Celestron'
This dovetail will likely bee too short for your purposes, and the 13" Orion dovetail you are also looking at will be better able to bridge the rings on your 8" Newtonian. You just need to make sure that the holes on the bottom dovetail (connected to the