- An excellent eyepiece filter for viewing faint and elusive nebulas such as the Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulae
- Selective band-pass eyepiece filter transmits only the hydrogen-beta wavelength of light these faint nebulae emit
- Allows you to observe celestial targets that are considered trophies of visual astronomy
- Best used with a moderate to large aperture telescopes under clear, dark skies with good seeing conditions
- The Orion Hydrogen-beta filter threaded to fit 2-inch Orion eyepieces and telescope diagonal barrels
Orion H-beta Filter - 2" Round MountedA Hydrogen-beta telescope filter may be the only way to see the faint and elusive Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulae. It blocks everything but the hydrogen-beta light these faint nebulas emit, providing the contrast needed for viewing.
By isolating the Hydrogen-beta spectral line centered at 486.1 nm in a 12 nm band-pass and blocking other wavelengths, Orion's Hydrogen-beta Telescope Filter effectively blackens the background sky, allowing the faint nebula to become clearly defined. It increases contrast even under dark skies so you can visually capture these prized targets. Use with a moderate to large aperture telescope under clear, dark viewing conditions. Threaded to fit 2-inch telescope eyepieces and telescope diagonals.
|Filter Side Adapter Size||Round|
|Warranty||Orion Limited Warranty|
Orion H-beta Filter 2”
I am a pre-amateur semi-budding astronomer. I’m pleased with this filter performance. Gives detail as expected when examining dark nebulae, which was my intended use. My experience dealing with OPT has been exceptional. I’ve worked with other dealerships and I’ve found these bright people to be informative and expedient with product delivery. Reasonably priced too. I will be pruchasing product again from them in the near future. A happy consumer .