Orion Oxygen-III Nebula Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted
- Orion's Oxygen-III (O-III) eyepiece filter reveals wondrous details when viewing cloudy nebulas
- Filter transmits close to 90-percent of the light corresponding to 2 oxygen-III spectral lines at 496 nm and 501 nm for enhanced nebula detail in visual views
- Completely blocks virtually all other visible wavelengths of light so views of nebulas are optimized
- Eyepiece filter features high quality optical glass in a double-threaded, anodized aluminum cell
- Recommended for use with telescopes of 8-inch aperture or greater for best results and for visual use only
Orion Oxygen-III Nebula Filter - 1.25" Round MountedNow you can turn up the contrast between nebulas and the sky to reveal more of their wondrous detail. Our Oxygen-III telescope filter provides extremely selective filtration to bring out elusive detail in diffuse and planetary nebulas. It does so by transmitting close to 90-percent of the light corresponding to the two oxygen-III spectral lines at 496 nm and 501 nm while completely blocking virtually all other wavelengths.
The results are remarkable. You'll see more detail than you ever could before in nebular gems such as the Swan, Ring, Dumbbell, Helix, and Eagle, to name a few. The O-III provides an even greater contrast boost on some objects than the UltraBlock narrowband telescope filter. And for nebulas, every little bit helps! Try the Oxygen-III telescope filter with a low-power 2-inch telescope eyepiece and take in the whole Veil Nebula. Wow!
|Accessory Type||Oxygen III|
|Filter Side Adapter Size||Round|
|Warranty||Orion Limited Warranty|