The Optolong SHO-OIII3nm Narrowband Mounted Filter - 2” works with astronomical monochrome cooling CCD and modified DSLR imaging in each single-channel. Corresponding with RGB channel (HA, OIII, SII), photographers can process Hubble images by astronomical post processing software.
The extra narrowband OIII-CCD 3nm filter is designed for nebula observation allowing 3nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission line, and reducing the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapor, and both high and low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e.skyglow).
The OIII emits 495.9nm and 500.7nm and it is a blue-green colored filter. Many of images of planetary nebula and supernoval remnants are taken only with H-Alpha and OIIII filters. They show great structural details, but have natural colors, looking like an RGB image.
- Produces a higher contrast and greater detailed viewing
- Decreases background noise and improves the contrast of objects
- Increases the faint nebula signal and makes it brighter
- Able to process a hubble image
- Optimization of substrate and upgraded coating technology
- Multi-layer anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of bandpass and Optical density of off-band.