The Optolong SHO-H-Alpha3nm Narrowband Mounted Filter - 2” works with astronomical monochrome cooling CCD and modified DSLR imaging in each single-channel. Corresponding with RGB channel (HA, OIII, SII), photographers can process Hubble images by astronomical post processing software.
H-Alpha 3nm filter is the popular narrowband filter allowing 3nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 656nm through, and reducing the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapor, and both high and low pressure vapor lights and unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e.skyglow). Better choice of narrowband H-Alpha astrophotographer filter for highest contrast and revealing subtle nebula details.
- Produces a higher contrast and greater detailed viewing
- Decreases background noise and improves the contrast of objects
- Increases the faint nebula signal and makes it brighter
- Able to process a hubble image
- Optimization of substrate and upgraded coating technology
- Multi-layer anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Optolong filter adopts precision coating based on Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of bandpass and Optical density of off-band.