Optec TCF-Leo with FocusLynx Hand Control
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Optec TCF-Leo with FocusLynx Hand Control
This Set includes the Optec TCF-Leo 3-inch Focuser, A FocusLynx Controller, and a FocusLynx Hand Control.
Optec engineers have developed a low profile, yet extremely robust 3-inch focuser for telescope installations where back-focus is at a premium. With the width of a typical 1.25-inch eyepiece, the TCF-Leo provides a unique focusing solution for the Celestron EdgeHD and other telescopes with limited flange-to-focus distances. The proven FocusLynx control system is included with every TCF-Leo and can be expanded to provide control for a second focuser.
This FocusLynx System includes the optional Hand Control.
The unique shape of the TCF-Leo is designed to fit neatly between the lock and focus knobs of the Celestron EdgeHD C-11 telescope OTA. With a center-to-edge distance of about 2.2-inches (55 mm), the TCF-Leo works exceptionally well with Innovation Foresight's On-Axis Guider, providing clearance for large cameras and filter wheels above either of the flat edges of the TCF-Leo. Additionally, the TCF-Leo's 3600 receiver fits directly on to the large 3-inch port of the Perseus Instrument Selector for ultra-fine focus of a large format camera.
With standard Optec interfaces on both telescope and camera sides, nearly any telescope imaging system can be configured. You can contact OPT for a custom adapter to fit any telescope.
Visual users will appreciate the FocusLynx Hand Controller with fine-focus rotary knob for no-touch operation of the telescope focus.
- Overall Thickness: 1.25-inch (31.8 mm) to 1.6-inch (40.6 mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.35-inch (8.9 mm)
- Focuser Midpoint: 1.425-inch (36.2 mm)
- Total Step Travel: 112,000 steps
- Step Resolution: 0.08 microns
- Weight: 1-pound 14-ounces (0.85 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 20-pounds (9 kg)
- Control System: FocusLynx Controller (included)
FocusLynx Controller Specifications/ Functional Specifications:
- Stepper Motor Control: bipolar and unipolar stepper motors
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi
- Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out
- WiFi Connection: Optional 802.11b/g compatible
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board
- Input Power: 12V DC Universal Power Supply (110 to 230V AC input)
- Alternative Power: Field battery Voltage (13.8V DC) with optional automotive cigarette lighter plug
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out
Input Power: 12V DC
Uses Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X FocusLynx
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket
- Power: 12V DC input =2.5 x 5.5 mm plug, center pin positive
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).
Hand Control with Digital Read-Out FocusLynx Hand Control:
The #19695 Hand Control provides an easy, vibration-free method of focusing the telescope when using the FocusLynx Control Hub. Featuring IN and OUT buttons, a 2-line display, and Quick Sync synchronization capability. The FocusLynx Hand Control is a "must-have" option for any system where the operator may be at the telescope.
NEW! The FocusLynx Hand Control now includes an electronic Fine Focus Knob for greater control and tactile feedback while using eyepieces at the telescope. An embedded rotary encoder switch allows one-hand fine focus control while using an eyepiece. There is no need to move your eye away from the eyepiece - with this improvement the FocusLynx hand control provides simple, intuitive and precise control of the focus motor.
The FocusLynx Hand Control plugs into the Hand Controller port on the bottom of the FocusLynx Control Hub using a telephone handset cord.
- Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black
- Display: 2-line with Position and Temperature Buttons: IN, OUT, and MODE buttons Encoder: Rotary encoder with 1X, 10X, and 100X speeds
- Communications: SPI to FocusLynx Hub via MAX232 chip
- Length: 6.3-inches (160 mm)
- Width: 3.2-inches (81.4 mm)
- Thickness: 0.9-inch (22.7 mm)
- Weight: 6.4-ounces (180 g)
- Mounting: Stainless Steel hanging hook
- Connection to FocusLynx: RJ22 plug labeled "Hand Controller"
- Recommended Cable: Telephone Handset Cable (25-feet or 6-feet lengths)
- Firmware: V1.3.0 upgradeable with replacement 28-pin PIC chip