Due to the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec designed a a robotic Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations.
This Remote Dust Cover includes lightweight polypro dust cover, motorized arm, mounting straps, USB cable and control software. Some limitations to cover size and telescope orientation may apply.
Optec offers this Remote Dust Cover as a simple solution for remote observatories in dusty environments. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically open the telescope dust cover at the beginning of the evening and close it again in the morning.
Cover diameter must be specified when ordering. Please let us know what size you will need in the comments section when placing your order.
Dust covers will be cut to the customer's specification - up to 24" in diameter.
- Dust Cover Diameter: Customer Request - up to 24" (60 cm),
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106 mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155 mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5V DC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe