OPT Silver Eleven-Piece Accessory Kit
OPT Silver Eleven-Piece Accessory Kit
Included in the kit is a 9mm Plossl, 15mm Plossl, 32mm Plossl, 2X Short Barlow, Moon (Neutral Density) Filter, a #12 Yellow Filter, #80A Blue Filter, and a #23A Light Red Filter, as well as a special edition copy of Deep-Sky Planner software and a microfiber cleaning cloth, all packed into a small carry case.
Eyepieces & Barlows:
- Most scopes come with at least one eyepiece, so the three Plossls and the 2X Barlow in this kit will give you
- Starhunter 9mm Plossl: Multi-coated, Apparent Field of View = 50???, Barrel Size = 1.25", Rubber eyeguard
- Starhunter 15mm Plossl: Multi-coated, Apparent Field of View = 52???, Barrel Size = 1.25"
- Starhunter 32mm Plossl: Multi-coated, Apparent Field of View = 50???, Barrel Size = 1.25", Rubber eyeguard
- Starhunter 2X Short Barlow: If you're looking for an affordable way to achieve high-power viewing of the moon and planets, double stars, and even close-up views of terrestrial subjects, a Barlow lens is the answer, as it doubles the magnification of any eyepiece you place inside it. This barlow lens is multicoated and is short enough to fit nicely into a diagonal.
- Hand-picked from the most popular choices of planetary viewing filters, these Starhunter filters will enhance your entire telescope viewing experience.
- Starhunter 1.25" Moon Filter: The neutral density, or "Moon" filter transmits light uniformly across the entire visual spectrum. It serves as an excellent filter to reduce glare and irradiation when observing the Moon with any telescope. The filter may also be employed in the splitting of close double stars where one of the binary pair significantly exceeds the other in brightness.
- Starhunter 1.25" #12 Yellow Filter: Contrasts strongly with blue-colored features on Jupiter and Saturn, while enhancing red and orange features. Lightens red-orange features on Mars, while reducing or blocking the transmission, and thereby increasing the contrast, of blue-green areas.
- Starhunter 1.25" #80A Blue Filter: A popular filter for the study of Jupiter and Saturn. Enhances contrast of rilles and festoons in Jupiter’?????????s cloud belts, as well as details of the Red Spot. Brings out detail in Saturn’?????????s belts and polar phenomena. Very useful as a contrast-enhancing lunar filter.
- Starhunter 1.25" #23A Light Red Filter: This filter reduces or blocks transmission of blue-green wavelengths. Use on Jupiter and Saturn to enhance detail in the belts and polar regions. Sharpens boundaries between yellow-orange areas and blue-green regions on Mars, resulting in a darkening of edge-detail in the maria.
Deep-Sky Planner SE Software
- The Special Edition version of Deep-Sky Planner operates just like the
- with the following exceptions:
- The deep-sky catalog contains the full Messier and Caldwell catalogs only
- The star catalog contains the full NSV and NSVS catalogs only (suspected variable stars)
- Does not permit saving reports as HTML or text files; it does permit viewing and printing of all reports
- No activation
- Updates containing bug fixes are provided free of charge on the Knightware website
- Feature enhancements made to the full product will be withheld from the Special Edition
- This microfiber cleaning cloth comes in it's own little pouch, and can be ready at a moment's notice if you clip it onto your camera case, accessory case, or even your key ring or jacket! Check out the photos of this nifty item in the "Images/Articles" section.
- Black plastic carry case with foam inserts. Essential in protecting eyepieces, filters, and other accessories.
OPT Product Number: OS-SILKIT
Please Note: In the event of a prolonged backorder by our filter manufacturer, OPT reserves the right to send a similar filter from the same color family if a specific color is not available when you place your order. If for some reason the replacement filter does not meet your requirements, you are welcome to send it back to OPT and we will replace it with the originally specified filter as soon as we receive stock from the manufacturer. If you have any questions or concerns please contact OPT via mail, phone, or chat. Thank you!
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.