MaxIm DL Pro - Version 6MaxIm DL is the fastest and easiest way to image the night sky. Whether you want to produce stunning portraits, collect science data, or hunt for new objects, MaxIm DL has the tools you need. Version 6 adds a host of new capabilities, making imaging and processing faster and easier than ever before possible.
Feature Highlights for MaxIm DL...
- Complete observatory integration. Controls your camera, autoguider, filter wheels, focusers, camera rotator, telescope mount, and dome. ASCOM compliant.
- Built-in mini-planetarium with AllSky and Zoom view helps you maintain "situational awareness": See a whole sky overview, with the telescope position overlaid. Zoom in on your target, with field-of-view of the camera superimposed.
- Greatly enhanced object database and powerful search capabilites. Instantly overlay images from the camera to help you identify targets. Graphically control image plane rotator. Redesigned camera controls for faster and easier imaging. Create your own presets for finding, centering, focusing, and LRGB sequences. Multiple autodark buffers allow you to quickly switch between presets without reshooting darks. Quickly change program configurations. If you use multiple camera/telescope setups, you can instantly reconfigure all software settings in just a few clicks.
- Stack images much faster and easier: Automatically identify stack groups by object ID and color filter - no more sorting through image files! Automatically reject poor quality images based on criteria you choose. Calibrate and/or color convert images on-the-fly during stacking. Align images using a variety of automatic and manual alignment techniques. Color combines RGB and LRGB image sets, using a single alignment reference image. Works from disk to save precious RAM. Stack multiple images with hundreds of individual subexposures, just drop in a folder and click Go! Includes a complete image processing toolkit, including a large variety of filters, deblooming, curves, deconvolution, color tools, and much more.
MaxIm DL Imaging Features...
Only MaxIm DL provides complete integration of all observatory functions in a single package. Directly control your CCD camera, filter wheels, autoguider, telescope, rotator, focusers, and Dome.
- Complete integration of all your observatory hardware in a single package. Supports your equipment - compatible with more equipment than any competing package. Supports ASCOM equipment plus a huge variety of cameras and filter wheels. Improved camera controls for faster and smoother operation. Instant presets for quicking changing between find, focus, LRGB sequence, etc. Save and load all program settings - instantly reconfigure for different hardware setups.
- Built-in mini-planetarium provides full "situational awareness" with advanced features such as instant image overlays, FOV indicator with rotator control, extensive catalog search capabilities, and much more.
- Advanced imaging techniques such as dither, automatic per-filter focus offsets, AO control, graphical track logs, audible alarms. Highly flexible sequence capability, auto-LRGB, auto-mosaic, auto-dither.
- Autoguider support operates built-in and separate autoguiders. Mix and match hardware from different vendors. AO support. TDI (drift scanning) support. Full ASCOM compatibility. Compatible with ACP browser-based automation tool.
MaxIm DL Processing Features...
The recognized leader in astronomical image processing, MaxIm DL combines high bit depth, extensive processing tools, and remarkable ease of use. MaxIm DL has all the capabilities you need to produce high-quality final images, whether for science or esthetics. Version 5 adds powerful new image stacking capabilities. Stack completely automates the process of selecting files, calibrating, color converting, rejecting poor quality images, aligning, stacking, and LRGB combining.
Intelligent Calibration (tm) automatically selects the best bias, dark, and flat-field frames for each individual image. Powerful new image stacking tool automatically identifies and groups image by target object and filter, automatically rejects poor quality images, and includes multiple automatic and manual alignment modes. Automatically stack and LRGB combine multiple images at once!
Includes a host of image enhancement filters including: Kernel Filters including sharpen, smooth, Guassian blur, median, dilation, erosion, custom. FFT filters, Unsharp Mask, Wavelet filters, Digital Development Processing, Rank filter, Local Adaptive filter, Rotational Gradient filter, Deconvolution filters and Background and Gradient Removal
Easy-to-use Batch processing and advanced scripting capability. Color tools include stacking, balance, saturation adjustment, pseudo color, color filter, remove background, realign planes. Complete photometry and astrometry capabilties.
Other functions include: Align, Stack, Remove Bad Pixels, Add Noise, Remove Bloom, Remove Pedestal, Resize, Histogram Specification, Curves, Levels, Threshold, Pixel Math, Mosaic, Rotation, Clone, Edit, and Annotation tools and Preserves the dynamic range of your image with high bit depth processing for both monochrome and color images.
MaxIm DL New Features in Version 6...
- New image file thumbnails and both XP and Vista style open/save dialog boxes
- Load and save complete program configures - Processing log window - Star profile graph - New Stack command
- Automatically or manually generate multiple stack groups, including complete LRGB groups
- Automatically grade all images for quality, and only include images meeting your criteria
- View grading information for individual images, with manual override - Export image grading information - Pre-measure alignment for all images prior to stacking
- Calibrate on-the-fly during stacking; saves time and disk space - New Drizzle capability
- Automatically perform LRGB stack after combine - All images in LRGB set are aligned to single reference image
- Load up hundreds or thousands of images with multiple different targets, click Go, and MaxIm DL will automatically assemble all of your LRGB sets ready for final processing
- Wavelet filters for image enhancement - Easier to use Color Convert (debayer), with presets for many popular camera models
- Remove Background Color - New Program Levels - Built-in Rotator control - Built-in Dome control with slaving, shutter operation - Support for second focuser and filter wheel for autoguider
- Built-in mini planetarium with All Sky view and Zoom view - Instantly overlay camera images - Search extensive catalog database by multiple criteria
- FOV indicator with Rotator control via mouse - Resizable display - See all equipment status at a glance
- Autocenter now accepts PinPoint calibration - Automatic pier flip tracking - Autofocus V-curve display
- Improved camera setup - Larger camera control window with most camera settings in one view
- Camera control presets let you quickly change between your favorite settings for find, focus, center, and acquisition sequences
- Instantly swap cameras - Improved focus information displays with trend graphs - User-configurable camera, guider, and focus status displays - Virtual keyboard for number entry in the dark
- This is a downloadable item
Diffraction Limited Product Number: DL-V5-PRO