The Meade LX200 ACF 10-inch Telescope has 254 mm (10-inch) diameter f/10 ACF optics (focal length 2500 mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast.
Features of the Meade LX200 ACF 10-inch Telescope
- A 145,000 object library, multiple guided tours.
- High Precision Pointing capability with sub arc-minute pointing accuracy.
- Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction.
- 16 channel GPS receiver.
- The AutoStar II is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required).
- The drive base of the telescope has multiple input and output ports including an RS-232 PC interface and jacks for a (user supplied) CCD Autoguider and illuminated reticle.
- A primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing.
- Turn the lock knob located just above the telescope's main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
- DC-servo driven super heavy duty double fork mount, the strongest and most rigid mount in its class.
- Fast slew speeds are from 1 to 8 degrees per second and can be user selected at 0.1 degree per second increments.
- Fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in one one-hundredth increments.
- The mount and all electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries which will typically operate the telescope for around 20 hours (optional Meade Universal AC adapter also available).
- The mount additionally has mechanical locks and slow motion manual controls in both axis if for some reason you found yourself without power.