- Aperture: 406 mm (16-Inch)
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length: 3251 mm
- Optical Design: ACF Cassegrain
Meade 16" F/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
Meade's 16-Inch Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optical tube features a fast f/8 design making it an optimal choice for astrophotographers needing a large aperture system. Specialized baffling provides high-contrast images that are crisp from edge to edge. An internal Crayford-style focusing system moves the primary mirror with zero backlash or image shift and has a 7:1 focusing speed ratio which smooth and precise.
Meade's proprietary ACF optical design goes a step beyond traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes by shortening the focal length and improving image clarity, color and contrast. Advanced Coma Free optics are exactly that, coma free. Stars are crisp and clear throughout the image circle. This revolutionary design provides the kind of image quality that was previously only seen in Ritchey-Chretien and similar astrograph designs which typically carry a might higher price tag at this aperture. By employing the ACF design, Meade has been able to offer professional grade optical quality at a never-before-seen price.
Meade 16-Inch ACF OTA Specs and Features:
- 3251 mm focal length gives you a focal ratio of f/8 making this a fast Cassegrain-style design, reducing exposure times without sacrificing image quality.
- Carefully designed internal baffling maximizes light transmission for optimal contrast and brightness.
- Signature blue matte pebble finish on the optical tube is both durable and beautiful.
- 16-Inch F/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Please, what is the tube lenght,?
Good afternoon, the tube length is 31". The focus knobs on the rear add another three inches.
What does the telescope weigh ?
The Meade 16" ACF F/8 weighs 70lbs.