- PICTURE SHOWS TRIPOD, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED
- Aperture: 14"
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length: 2845mm
- Reverse Crayford Focuser
Meade 14" F/8 LX600-ACF with Starlock (No Tripod)
The Meade LX-600 Telescope is a simple to operate, portable package that makes taking great Astrophotos as easy as focusing your camera and opening the shutter. The exceptional optical system and integrated collection of features and technology found in Meade’s LX-600 is truly unparalleled.
The LX600 integrates a unique star tracking and object finding system into the telescope mount. This integration allows the telescope to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on Astroimages despite misalignments, atmospheric refraction, periodic or other mechanical errors. New f/8 Advanced Coma-Free Optical System: Meade has completely redesigned the OTAs with a new mirror mounting and focusing system to achieve zero image-shift and a two-speed microfocuser. The scope features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view.
- Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser-The completely redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift, eliminating the need for a mirror lock and integrates a two-speed micro-focuser for quick and easy adjustments.
- Solid Fork Mount w/ Heavy Duty 5.75" Gears-Large, high-quality worm-gear drives in both axes provide smooth movements with low periodic error, providing the freedom to go horizon to horizon without any meridian flip.
- Alt-Az Mode-makes for the best visual and short exposure experience possible. The LX600 performs LightSwitch fully-automated self-alignment.
- StarLock Technology- centers your target in the eyepiece and track with arcsecond accuracy so you can concentrate on the beautiful, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by the superb f/8 ACF optical system.
- AutoStar® II GoTo System- puts over 140,000 objects at your fingertips and delivers the fastest GoTo performance available.
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Smart Drive, or permanent periodic error correction, permits a professional level of drive-trate precision. The significant value of the Smart Drive is immediately appreciated during long-exposure astrophotography, where the resultant lower periodic error of the system enables improved tracking while minimizing guide corrections"
Smart Mount improves the pointing accuracy of your telescope "GoTo: system. Despite Careful efforts to reduce mount flexure and improve pointing accuracy, telescopes may still fail to precisely center objects. Smart Mount allows your telescope to learn about, and then correct for, any systematic pointing errors, regardless of the cause. Smart mount is recommended for use with permanently mounted telescopes."
This revolutionary new technology Makes target acquisition and accurate guiding completely automatic. Provides computer assisted polar drift alignment using an f/5 80mm optic and two camera sensor system. Starlock automatically programs periodic error correction achieving guiding accuracy up to 1 arc-second and can guide on stars as faint as 11th magnitude
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Hand Controller Included||AutoStar II|
|Mount Type||Computerized GoTo|
|Objects in Database||Over 145000|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Software Included||AutoStar Suite|
|Telescope Aperture||356 mm (14")|
|Telescope Focal Length||2845mm|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/8|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- 14" LX600 ACF Telescope with Starlock Guide System
- Autostar II Controller
- 8x50 Finderscope w/ Bracket
- Heavy Duty Fork Mount