Meade 10" ACF LX90 Telescope
Ask Our Telescope Experts
Meade 10" ACF LX90 Telescope
The Meade 10”ACF LX90 Telescope’s technologically superior optical design gives a flatter, and advanced coma-free field of view with pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field. ACF is the perfect solution for the serious Astroimager or visual astronomer looking for reasonably priced observatory-class optics.
The LX90’s Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system creates a flatter field, reduces astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes, bringing the highest level of optical performance at an affordable price to both advanced and amateur astronomers. In addition to top-of-the-line optics, the LX-90 also comes equipped with the AudioStar® Computer with Astronomer Inside, allowing you to not only find and track over 30,000 celestial objects, but to also experience a guided tour as you listen to audio content through its build-in speaker.
- GPS- Built-in Sony GPS sensor determines your prices date, time and location for precise alignment.
- 8X50 Viewfiner- quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
- AudioStar Controller- controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects and gives you an audio guide of astronomical objects including planets, starts, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more!
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings- increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - primary mirror is larger in diameters than its listed aperture listed aperture This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- Smart Drive -Meade AudioStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods, your LX90 will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
- Auto-Align- picks two alignment stars for you and places directly in your telescope’s viewfinder, which then allows you to center them and fine-tune your alignment.
- Rigid Cast Aluminum Fork Mount- the mounts two, sturdy fork arms give the LX90’s Optical Tube Assembly a solid platform for Astrophotography.
OPT Product Number: ME-1010-90-03
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||254 mm (10")|
|CD ROMs Included||AutoStar Suite|
|Diagonal Included||Yes/ 1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Hand Controller included||Yes|
|Head Design||Altitude Azimuth|
|Objects in Database||30000 Objects|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|OTA Mount Type||Dual Fork Arms|
|OTA Outer Diameter||12"|
|Telescope Series||Meade LX90|
|Tripod Type Included||Adjustable with Steel Legs|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- Meade 10-Inch LX90-ACF UHTC Telescope
- Variable Height Standard Field Tripod
- 8x50 Finderscope
- 1.25-inch Diagonal/ Prism
- 1.25-inch eyepiece: 26 mm, Series 4000 Super Plossl
- AutoStar Suite Software
- AudioStar Controller
- Instruction Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
I ordered the 8 inch from OPT. 2 days later I got a text from OPT saying my order was cancelled due to a problem with my credit card. Best thing that could have happened! The next day I sorted out my card (used the wrong card) and ordered the 10 inch! I couldn't believe how fast it arrived and in perfect condition. It is larger than it looks in the pictures. this thing is beefy. Only problem it makes you want to spend lots of money on lots of cool stuff. I upgraded to a 2 inch diagonal, treated myself to a 2 inch Tele vue 17mm Nagler, 2x focal extender, white light filter, a tube weight system ( cuz all that stuff is really heavy! ) All from OPT except the 2x extender. Wish it came with a hard case. OPT didn't have one in stock and I had to break down and get one where I could. Hard to get and very expensive JMI. I look all over for accessories and wind up going back to OPT 99% of the time. Maybe for some filters! Too bad you can't buy dark skies.
Excellent experience overall. The scope was packaged in a double thick box surrounded by high impact foam and it was not budging. Got it unpacked and set up in about 90 minutes, tops. Now I got to wait for my Case to arrive - gah.
great transaction, fast shipping, scope was beautifully packaged. I had earlier emails questions, the answers to which led to my decision to buy. I have subsequently ordered another item. Will be a regular customer.
great transaction; fast shipping; scope was beautifully packaged. I had earlier emails questions, the answers to which led to my decision to buy. I have subsequently ordered another item. Will be a regular customer.
Finally, a scope that delivers the crisp clear view of Jupiter that I always dreamed of. Saturn and especially Mars remain a challenge, but that is to be expected. Buying this scope did not magically transport me to the desert southwest. I like the magnetic north alignment option. If I take the time to perform alignment properly the "go to" pointing is pretty accurate. And when removed from the tripod, the scope is bulky, but not particularly heavy. Now if only I can get the communications port working for computer assisted "go to" and maybe a little guiding. So far no luck on that front.
We love the item.....assembling it was not easy and took two men working hours to attach the telescope onto the tripod. It is a beautiful, quality telescope and we are happy to have it ready for Mars. Please let us know when the new company producing the wheeley bars is ready to sell and distribute. OPT was great and we were correct to place the order through their company. We will use them again.