- A 10-Inch (254 mm) Advanced Coma-Free LX90 Telescope
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length: 2500 mm
- Great value system for the discerning astronomer
Meade 10" ACF LX90 Telescope
The 10-Inch ACF LX90 Telescope by Meade:
For the truly discerning astronomer who will not tolerate anything but the very best, there is Meade's Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system. Meade LX90-ACF models includes all of the features of the SC models and then some. With its technologically superior optical design, ACF gives a flatter, coma-free field of view with pinpoint images all the way to the edge of the field, rivaling Ritchey-Chretien performance at a fraction of the cost. ACF is the perfect solution for the serious astroimager or visual astronomer looking for observatory-class optics.
Highlights of the Meade LX90-ACF Telescope:
GPS - The Meade LX90 can do more than track satellites. It talks to them as well. Turn it on and the built-in Sony GPS sensor immediately determines your precise date, time and location. Meade's AutoAlign technology then uses this info to align your scope for a tour of the most spectacular sights in the universe.
Easy Align - Meade LX90s are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. Easy Align picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your telescope's viewfinder. Just center these two stars to fine-tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe will be at your fingertips.
Oversized Primary Mirror - Only Meade manufactures their primary mirrors in diameters larger than their listed aperture (e.g. the diameter of the 8-inch LX90's primary mirror is actually 8.25-inches). This additional 1/4-inch yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
8 X 50 Viewfinder - With the 8x50 finderscope, you can quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
Slew Speed - The Meade LX90 telescope can slew (move) from star to star at 7 degrees per second. That is more than twice as fast as other makes. This means that over the course of an evening, a Meade LX90 will show you two to three times more objects.
Rigid Cast Aluminum Fork Mount - The Meade LX90's Optical Tube Assembly, or OTA, is mounted on two sturdy fork arms, giving you a rock solid platform for astrophotography.
LX200 Series Tripod - The LX90 comes standard with the same sturdy, adjustable field tripod as the more expensive Meade LX200-ACF series telescope.
Smart Drive - Meade's AudioStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods, your LX90 will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
About the Meade AudioStar Controller:
Originally developed for the ground breaking series of Meade LS LightSwitch telescopes, Astronomer Inside is built into the new AudioStar Handbox that is included with Meade's LX90, LT and LXD75 lines of telescopes. Now the intelligence integrated into these Meade telescopes provides the user with all the experience and astronomical knowledge that a professional astronomer could offer.
The incredible Astronomer Inside does all this:
- Knows the sky so you don't have to. The AudioStar controls the telescope to find and track any of over 30,000 celestial objects automatically.
- The Meade AudioStar takes you on a guided tour... and shows you the best objects in your sky from your location and time and then plays audio descriptions of those objects so you learn the details of what you are seeing.
- With over four hours of audio descriptions of astronomical objects including planets, stars, constellations, clusters, nebula, galaxies and more that bring astronomy to life, the Meade AudioStar is like having a professional astronomer standing next to you at the telescope!
OPT Product Number: ME-1010-90-03
- Meade 10-Inch LX90-ACF UHTC Telescope
- Variable Height Standard Field Tripod
- 8x50 Finderscope
- 1.25-inch Diagonal/ Prism
- 1.25-inch eyepiece: 26 mm, Series 4000 Super Plossl
- AutoStar Suite Software
- AudioStar Controller
- Instruction Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
1. What are the major differences from LX200 series 2. Can I polar align using a Wedge ? 3. What is the total weight including mount ?
1. The LX90 is lighter than the LX200 scopes with thinner fork arms, smaller gears, a smaller object database, and unlike the LX200 it has no motion hard stops. 2. The LX90 can use the same wedge as the LX200, but you must add the LX90 Wedge Adapter plat
How stable is this scope for visual observing ? There is a 20 lbs difference between the LX200 and the LX 90 10 inch versions which must have some ramifications for observing. Put another way, if the LX 90 is up on a hill with a 10MPH wind is it going to
Thank you for your question. This telescope is actually quite stable for visual observing even if you were going to be using this in a little wind. Now of course if it was a very windy night where the wind was 30+ MPH, then no telescope would be good to
Would this be compatible for another OTA, ex., an ETX-125 and what mounting attachments would be required?
You can use other light OTA's as long as you can mount a Vixen style dovetail on the side. Note that the radius on the clamp housing on this mount is smaller (made originally for a 90mm scope) so you may need a spacer between the dovetail and the scope t
If the tripod included here a folding tripod? I short can it be dissembled / folded for ease transportation?
The used Losmandy G11 Gemini 1 has the older non-folding tripod. The legs, however, can be removed from the central tripod hub by loosening the top clamps and can then be put into a large telescope tripod bag for easier transport.
Will the 10" LX90 accommodate 2" diagonals/eyepieces or is the OTA only designed to accept 1.25" diagonals/eyepieces?
Hi Dennis, Despite the 10" LX90 including a 1.25" visual-back and diagonal, the optical-tube is fully compatible with 2" accessories/eyepieces. It is simply a matter of adapting to 2"... If you are looking to use 2" eyepieces, the most straight-forward