- 254 mm (10-inch) Aperture
- 2500 mm Focal Length
- f/10 Focal Ratio
- Advanced Coma Free Optics
Meade 10" LX200-ACF f/10 OTA Telescope
This LX200-ACF (a 10-Inch f/10 ACF UHTC OTA here) telescope by Meade brings advanced Coma Free optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. The Meade LX200-ACF combines a revolutionary new optical system with the field-proven mechanical features of the original Meade LX200 - the most widely used research-grade telescope in astronomy today.
Why choose the Meade LX200-ACF? Because coma isn't some sort of astronomical state of unconsciousness. It's an optical aberration. Precisely defined, coma is a distortion in which the image of a star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet. Worst yet, the majority of telescope optical systems, including the popular Schmidt-Cassegrain, have it to one degree or another. Once, you would have had to spend tens of thousands of dollars for an aplanatic optical system (a fancy term for coma-free). Now that Meade has made this Advanced Coma-Free optical system, this level of performance is affordable to the amateur.
- f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics: Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field that discerning astrophotographers and most professional observatories have come to expect from classic Ritchey-Chretien optics. Meade's Advanced Coma-Free system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs. The LX200-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20-percent over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Primary Mirror Lock locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Oversize Primary Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8-inch LX200-ACF is actually 8.25-inch). This additional 1/4-inch yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Coma Killer - What is coma? It's not some sort of astronomical state of unconsciousness. It is an optical aberration. Precisely defined, coma is a distortion in which the image of a star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet.
- AutoAlign - Telescopes with Meade's AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
OPT Product Number: ME-1010-60-03
Advanced Coma-Free Optics (ACF)
Building from a classic RC design, Meade created a new design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field. The ACF design reduces astigmatism and eliminates dffraction spikes found in classical RCs. TheACF is the perfect plattfor for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in aperture of 6-inches, 8-inches,10-inches, 12-inches, 14-inches, and 16-inches
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Specialized Multi-layered coating that are preciesely designed to improve the performance of your telescopes optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine details in nebulas, and more surface features on planets with UHTC than without. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
|Aperture||250 mm (9.75")|
|Dawes Limit||0.46 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||2500 mm|
|Optical Design||Modified SCT|
|Tube Weight||26 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
- Meade 10" LX-200 F/10 ACF OTA