Teleskop Service M42x1 Adapter Ring - Canon EOS Bayonet
This adapter screws directly into the Canon EOS body and enables you to connect objectives with M42x1 thread.The EOS bayonet is much wider than M42, so the adapter can be mounted completely into the camera body. The optical length is 0mm!
- Adaptation of M42 objectives to the Canon EOS cameras - the focus position is not affected.
- This adapter does NOT work on large diameter objectives like MTO1000, Rubinar 500 and Rubinar 300.
In astro photography, the backfocus of some telescopes is so short that it's not possible to bring a SLR camera with standard T2 ring (+10mm) into focus. Here, the M42-EOS adapter is useful. With its help, you can attach accessory parts like:
Telescope Service practical information:
- TS rotation system (360 Rotation / 2" filter holder)
- TS Off Axis Guider with only 9mm optical length
The T2 and M42 thread are often confused - they are not compatible:
- T2 = diameter 42mm / pitch 0.75mm per turn
- M42 = diameter 42mm / pitch 1mm per turn
Teleskop Service Product Number: M42-EOS