This is a 50 mm, unobstructed, pressure-tuned, dedicated Hydrogen-alpha telescope with a bandpass of less than 0.7 Å. The excitement of viewing our star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights.
Furthermore, this package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. Therefore, as the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
B400 Blocking Filter
A Blocking Filter is a required component when using any Lunt solar filter or solar telescope products. The housing contains additional filters that are needed for safety when viewing the Sun. Do not use a Lunt Solar Systems telescope or filter without a Lunt brand blocking filter. Lunt Solar can only warranty safety or performance when one of their blocking filters is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
Focal Length Suggestions for Visual Use:
- B600 : For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600 mm
- B1200: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200
- B1800: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800 mm
- B3400: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 3400 mm
When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger blocking filter than that recommended for visual use. This is due to the fact that most imaging systems require additional “back focus”. It’s important to realize that the blocking filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result, the aperture of the blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
Focal Length Suggestions for Imaging Use:
- B600: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 400 mm
- B1200: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600 mm
- B1800: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200 mm
- B3400: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800 mm
2″ Feather Touch Focuser
The Starlight Feather Touch Focusers have been redesigned and is even better than the original! All running parts are now hardened stainless steel on hardened stainless steel. This greatly improves the smoothness, wear characteristics and its robustness. This new design will virtually not wear out and moves with even greater smoothness and precision than the original model. It is still an absolute must for CCD imaging and astro-photography, in addition to making visual use a joy.
- Ultra-smooth coarse/fine focus knobs (10:1 Ratio)
- Glare resistant black internal baffling
- Durable hardened stainless steel, steel, and aluminum construction
- Anodized aluminum fine focus knob
- Standard Draw Tube with nylon
- Tipped stainless steel set screws (gentle on eyepieces)
- Ultra-Low backlash system for accurate control
- 52 mm threaded Draw Tube to accommodate filters
- Sleek aesthetic design
- Focuser travel: 1.5″ or 2.5″ (depending on model)
- Minimum focus height: 35.56 mm
- Focuser height with adapter plate: 40.64 mm
- Focus repeatability: 0.01 mm
- Backlash: 0.0 mm
- Fine focus reduction: 1,778 mm per step
- Lifting capability: 2.5 kg = 5.5 lb