The Lunt 130mm Universal Telescope offers the ultimate in viewing, containing a precision-aligned triplet ED Lens with a 130mm aperture that allows you to delve into the Sun’s stunning features or take a trip through the night sky.
Hot spots, prominences and more explode into view as you tune using the hydrogen alpha module — and the night sky will never feel closer to Earth once the stars come out. This stunning lens will take you on a trip through the cosmos!
B1200 Blocking Filter
A Blocking Filter is a required component when using any Lunt solar filter or solar telescope products. The housing contains additional filters that are needed for safety when viewing the Sun. Do not use a Lunt Solar Systems telescope or filter without a Lunt brand blocking filter. Lunt Solar can only warranty safety or performance when one of their blocking filters is paired with a Lunt H-alpha filter or telescope.
Focal Length Suggestions for Visual Use:
- B600 : For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600 mm
- B1200: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200
- B1800: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800 mm
- B3400: For visual use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 3400 mm
When imaging with a Lunt Solar System it is recommended that the user opt for the next larger blocking filter than that recommended for visual use. This is due to the fact that most imaging systems require additional “back focus”. It’s important to realize that the blocking filter be moved further up the light cone. As a result, the aperture of the blocking filter needs to be larger to allow for the larger cone size.
Focal Length Suggestions for Imaging Use:
- B600: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 400 mm
- B1200: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 600 mm
- B1800: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1200 mm
- B3400: For imaging use on telescopes with focal lengths up to 1800 mm
Lunt Solar Systems 2″ Crayford Dual Speed Focuser
Lunt Solar's nicely machined 2″ dual speed 10:1 Crayford-style focuser, designed and made in house at Lunt’s machine shop, is now available for all Lunt Solar Universal Day and Night Telescopes and has course and fine focus adjustments with its smooth action focusing knobs.
With a travel distance of 52mm, Lunt Solar designed this Crayford-Style 10:1 focuser for a variety of uses and applications alongside their Universal Telescope. Whether you are shooting night time photography, or simply spending a day in the Sun, the New Lunt Crayford Focuser is sure to delight and keep you steady!