Losmandy GM-8 W/ Gemini System
A time-tested mount, proven strong by years of dedicated service and refinement, the Losmandy GM-8 doesn't know how to disappoint anymore- only how to perform. This high quality and well-designed mount work in conjunction with a top-notch tripod and the superb Gemini System hand controller to provide excellent support for compatible telescope systems. With a reputation that has only grown with each year since its inception and a level of quality that has only been refined with the passage of time, the Losmandy GM-8 is one of the better options out there for Equatorial Go-To mounts.Look below for detailed specifications and traits of both the mount itself and the Gemini System utilized with it!
RA/DEC Axis Specifications
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.1" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.50" diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 teeth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob per axis design.
- Porter Slip Ring Design
- 1.25" diameter aluminum shafts.
- Through the axis polar scope mounting works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 30 LBS
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
Gemini System Go-To Control Specifications
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions.
- The classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and tactile membrane on the rear.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer, Day and Night Modes.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Stand Alone System. No PC required
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or Serial Port
- DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- English, German, French & Spanish displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Auto Guide Port (TTL)